shape
carat
color
clarity

Just proposed. I think I screwed up with my ring choice...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Just proposed. I think I screwed up with my ring choice

I find most people don't answer my posts :) I can live with that.. but I mostly just comment on rings, things I really like.

I probably don't have anything of value to add here except: my love of all things diamond.

I don't think calling someone out as a troll is ganging up or being mean.. it appeared to me that this poster went beyond and was trying to play a game of sorts (as trolls do) so I said troll..... if I'd said what an ahole!, you loser etc.. that is bullying.. calling a person a troll is an opinion and the poster was looking for opinions. I am a woman, and I believe that women don't always have to be nurturing, a guy would just say "troll" and move on, but we as women (those of us who are)... we aren't all nurturers on an anonymous forum.

In all things.. Peace.

Niel|1415970007|3783338 said:
yasssss|1415966874|3783315 said:
I'll reserve judgment on what I think of OP's situation, but on whether I think his story is real or not- it doesn't really matter, because in the off chance it is, you've all just run a person out of this forum. i felt like that a few months ago when I was being ridiculed to the point where someone started a thread mocking me. I think some posters were skeptical of my story too (which was about my eRing and what someone said about it). It was such an unexpected response and so totally took me by surprise- people find comfort in being able to unburden themselves in a tell-all , with the protection of anonymity, I did too, and I was shocked that people doubted my story. And felt personally hurt that I was being mocked, despite the fact that my anonymity protected me. it was a fleeting moment however, I posted again and still visit the forum. I like diamonds, and reading this forum is a fun break in my day, but I am kind of reluctant to post. I recently posted about my wedding band since my wedding is coming up and I'm excited about it, but I don't think that I'd post about any of my other diamonds or jewelry and I do feel like people get bullied in this forum. I'm no expert and probably don't have much value to contribute here, and won't be missed if I don't post again, but people do seek advice from this forum. many posters foray into PS is about diamonds, and if one of the purposes of this forum is to educate, you may want to uphold a space that is safe for everyone to participate in. Not saying that it has to be welcome hugs, pats on the back and smiley emojis galore, it should just be a space free of bullying. not too much to ask I dont think. I learned so much from PS and feel very grateful for its existence, I stuck around despite being in a thread that was turning sour. I would want others to benefit from it and from your vast treasure trove of knowledge and expertise as I did

I remember your situation and it was completely uncalled for. i myself had had situations where people from this forum post nasty things about me. I guess I'm some of that "new blood" some veterans don't appreciate

Its not fun. And its unnecessary.

However, I take exception to people coming here as trolls, as I suspect others do too. The concept of trolling is to get this forum riled up and to mock us-either on another forum or other platform.

And they get worse. The troll mentioned previously in this thread got to the point where he was trying to get peoples emails and meet up with them. I don't know what for, but that's dangerous.

December Moon

Rough_Rock

Acclover and ringfailure, DoctorD and sturgeon123456; almost like twins.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1415930028|3783067 said:
Karl_K|1415927670|3783042 said:
now this is more like the old days.......[/quote
I was just thinking that.
When the choice is between dramatic public decompression & stepping a way for a bit -- why does no one EVER choose the latter? :o

DBH

Rough_Rock

Seeing how the OP's intended turned out to be no "angel"..... maybe a halo setting was the wrong choice. Perhaps, a twisted shank?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

I thought it was a parody on women.

1. If the ring was too small for her, he would end the relationship

2.The Kiss- Women (many) would go nuts if this happened to their guy. They wouldn't believe this story of how she initiated the KISS
( And setting the scene in a bar.)
3. He left so upset he ran and ran and ran.

4.He cried to his mom. To me this is all stereotypical of a women. He also said he was sooo hurt when people called him a troll.

When others suggested salvaging the relationship, he came up with meeting for coffee. When PSers expressed the troll idea from the coffee meeting he changed it to his apartment.

5.They said they would be honest with each other, and she shows him pictures of herself in her bra, that she has sent to someone in a gym.
As someone said, do you think this woman would show him pictures after his horror of the KISS?

6. I loved his ending. We exchanged glances knowing this was the end.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think it was a guy who wrote it. If I am wrong, I will accept 50 lashes and apologize. This woman is not for you.

Annette

ringfailure

Rough_Rock

For all the haters. Here is a picture of the ring before it went back!

img_6085.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A shame! It's a very nice ring.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The term "haters" is... interesting. The first person I recall using it is Sarah Palin. It was her way of saying that her detractors opposed her simply out because they hate her as an individual, thereby ignoring or rending moot any substantive issues they might have had.

I don't think "haters" applies here. There are people who doubted your story - and those doubts had nothing to do with you personally. Dismissing those doubts out of hand with the term "haters" doesn't help your case. Just saying.

In any event, it really doesn't matter whether or not they believe your posting, does it?

The ring is lovely. You'll have to start from scratch, of course, but I'm sure you'll come up with something equally lovely when the right woman comes along. Best of luck to you on both counts.

And meanwhile, some unsolicited advice: do give some thought as to why you missed cues that something not all was right - I'm sure they were there - and what you can do to not fall into a similar situation in the future. ;))

ringfailure

Rough_Rock

VRBeauty|1416349413|3785973 said:
The term "haters" is... interesting. The first person I recall using it is Sarah Palin. It was her way of saying that her detractors opposed her simply out because they hate her as an individual, thereby ignoring or rending moot any substantive issues they might have had.

I don't think "haters" applies here. There are people who doubted your story - and those doubts had nothing to do with you personally. Dismissing those doubts out of hand with the term "haters" doesn't help your case. Just saying.

In any event, it really doesn't matter whether or not they believe your posting, does it?

The ring is lovely. You'll have to start from scratch, of course, but I'm sure you'll come up with something equally lovely when the right woman comes along. Best of luck to you on both counts.

And meanwhile, some unsolicited advice: do give some thought as to why you missed cues that something not all was right - I'm sure they were there - and what you can do to not fall into a similar situation in the future. ;))

I think it was used long before Palin - but who cares. I know it doesn't help my case, but I don't really care. They were haters, do you see the posts stating that the girl should run far away from me because I was upset with what went down with the kiss and how she was acting shady? Of course, no one had all the facts, but it was ridiculous how they acted with limited info. Defended the woman and hated the man. It was really funny many people indicated that I was less of a man because I cried or called my mother for advice. Like a man can't have feelings. What a joke.

Also, a lot of people didn't believe me? What is there not to believe? Because she wanted to meet up for coffee? Give me a break. That is what people do when they are in office buildings working during the day. Because she still has pictures on her phone? Yeah, well thats how she is. She never deletes anything, just her personality really. Voicemail box always getting full, etc.

starrylight

Shiny_Rock

They were haters

For disagreeing with you?

it was ridiculous how they acted

You mean gave their opinions? For doubting your story? Additionally, see above.

limited info

With the information that you posted.

:nono:

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

ringfailure|1416350006|3785978 said:
VRBeauty|1416349413|3785973 said:

I think it was used long before Palin - but who cares. I know it doesn't help my case, but I don't really care. They were haters, do you see the posts stating that the girl should run far away from me because I was upset with what went down with the kiss and how she was acting shady? Of course, no one had all the facts, but it was ridiculous how they acted with limited info. Defended the woman and hated the man. It was really funny many people indicated that I was less of a man because I cried or called my mother for advice. Like a man can't have feelings. What a joke.

Also, a lot of people didn't believe me? What is there not to believe? Because she wanted to meet up for coffee? Give me a break. That is what people do when they are in office buildings working during the day. Because she still has pictures on her phone? Yeah, well thats how she is. She never deletes anything, just her personality really. Voicemail box always getting full, etc.

'Hater' has been around since the early-aughts (at least), but that is neither here nor there. Palin tried to appropriate the term to seem 'hip' to the youngsters.

RF - There are many bored people out there, who have nothing better to do than meddle and speculate.

Don't take them seriously.

And please do come back when you are looking for another ring (just a matter of time). There are many folks who would love to help you find something awesome!

Johannes89

Rough_Rock

wow guys, srsly ....

can some1 lock this thread finally? the op is gone for like a week by now and ppl are still flaming around all day.
I thought this forum was somewhat grownup?

geez ...

EDIT: nvm my bad OP was back ... tbh i didnt bother reading anymore. Still worth closing tho

rookie34

Rough_Rock

For all those who could not imagine the woman keeping the "bra pics" and showing him later after the "horror kiss" story....this is not so strange and more common than you might think.

1. Psychologically, its easier to confess to other deceptions and lies after the first time. I've seen this happen with both men and women.

2. As for deleting old photos - I can tell you I personally know women and men who have saved pictures involving indecent behavior for year and years.

Sad but true. They usually get caught by their SO, and regardless can't escape karma.

The good news is there are a lot of good, loyal, and honest people out there.

So theres my 2 cents...good luck to the OP....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Johannes89|1416351667|3785996 said:
wow guys, srsly ....

can some1 lock this thread finally? the op is gone for like a week by now and ppl are still flaming around all day.
I thought this forum was somewhat grownup?

geez ...

EDIT: nvm my bad OP was back ... tbh i didnt bother reading anymore. Still worth closing tho

Sorry, I'm not thirteen.
What does srsly, some1, ppl, geez, nvm, tbh, and tho mean?

Maybe I'm too "somewhat grownup" to understand why posters complaining about immature people can't use grownup English.

Johannes89

Rough_Rock

Dear Kenny,
I am very sorry for writing this incomprehensible post.
I sincerely apologize if u felt offended.
To clarify what i meant to say let me translate the childish words i used:

srsly = seriously
some1 = someone
ppl = people
geez = there is no proper translation to that but its used to describe that i am irritated
nvm = never mind
tbh = to be honest
tho = though

once again i sincerely apologize for my immature language, and i want to kindly ask a moderator to lock this thread as there is nothing more to discuss about the topic.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Johannes89|1416354768|3786032 said:
Dear Kenny,
I am very sorry for writing this incomprehensible post.
I sincerely apologize if u felt offended.
To clarify what i meant to say let me translate the childish words i used:

srsly = seriously
some1 = someone
ppl = people
geez = there is no proper translation to that but its used to describe that i am irritated
nvm = nevermind
tbh = to be honest
tho = though

once again i sincerely apologize for my immature language, and i want to kindly ask a moderator to lock this thread as there is nothing more to discuss about the topic.

Thanks.
I feel like I just got 45 years younger. ;-)
Can you do something about my weight?

BTW, if people want to talk then let them talk.
If you don't like a thread you don't have to open it.

I love threads with lots of drama ... LOVE em. :dance:
I think lots of others do too, but would never admit it.
There's just an empty place in my brain where the shame goes. :mrgreen:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hey Op
I am sorry for your troubles.
You have to understand that when you post a story people are going to give opinions to you.
When members of the forum do not have the entire story, and none of us do of course, they think of how it is or what is happening. Probably not a good choice.
Anyway, you have to expect some good thoughts and some bad ones.
Please remember that this is just a forum, we are all anonymous, for a good reason.
So........take these opinions with a grain of salt and decide for yourself what you want to do and how to proceed.
And as another poster said, hope you come back soon for help for a ring. Best of luck.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Op,

I owe you a big apology and you may, in your mind give me 50 lashes.

Of course you can have feelings the same as a women, but many men, I think the majority, don't express it as you did. Most men would become angry rather than hurt, although most anger does come from hurt. Again, if you are interested, when my nieces bring their boyfriends to meet me, I always ask them if they love their mother. If the answer is yes, I feel they will treat my niece well. So, even if I wrote what I did, in real life I respect men who care about their mothers, and you trust yours. Thats a good thing.

The ring is beautiful and I feel that this has been an ordeal for you. But its some learning experience. I'm sorry if I added more to your distress and I hope you do come back. Many Good wishes for you.

Annette

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock

People were suspicious of your posts because you were brand new and had a huge sob story, complete with intricate personal details etc. I personally think you're a troll but don't really care. Life goes on.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

tina sparkle|1416356470|3786047 said:
People were suspicious of your posts because you were brand new and had a huge sob story, complete with intricate personal details etc. I personally think you're a troll but don't really care. Life goes on.

Tina, I think you should become familiar with what a troll is:

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic remarks

The above is the definition from Wiki-pedia.

So where has the OP done any of the above?

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock

A troll can also be one who posts in a forum for the explicit purpose of garnering a lot of responses for their own amusement, or to prove a point on a class project, or for any number of reasons. But thanks for the wiki def.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For what it's worth, the ring is gorgeous!

Oecut253

Rough_Rock

December Moon|1416001068|3783721 said:
Can you clarify what you're talking about here please.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

acclover|1416368902|3786191 said:
December Moon|1416001068|3783721 said:
Can you clarify what you're talking about here please.

DoctorD was a poster who started the following astonishing and drama-packed threads ...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/have-you-been-asked-how-much-did-you-pay-for-that.191930/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/have-you-been-asked-how-much-did-you-pay-for-that.191930/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/change-ring-to-bling-in-mens-ring-eye-candy-folder.205703/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/change-ring-to-bling-in-mens-ring-eye-candy-folder.205703/[/URL]

He was proven to have lied about his claims to own lots of bling in the pics he posted.
Several posters proved he just lifted pics from all over the Internet.

He hasn't posted since he was exposed.
I don't know whether he was banned or he was just too ashamed to keep posting or what.
He also had a very colorful posting style, similar to the 10-th grade English class story-telling style of this OP, hence the connection here.
People like that might come back for more fun under new identities, hence the suspicions.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

smitcompton|1416356428|3786045 said:
Hi Op,

I owe you a big apology and you may, in your mind give me 50 lashes.

Of course you can have feelings the same as a women, but many men, I think the majority, don't express it as you did. Most men would become angry rather than hurt, although most anger does come from hurt. Again, if you are interested, when my nieces bring their boyfriends to meet me, I always ask them if they love their mother. If the answer is yes, I feel they will treat my niece well. So, even if I wrote what I did, in real life I respect men who care about their mothers, and you trust yours. Thats a good thing.

The ring is beautiful and I feel that this has been an ordeal for you. But its some learning experience. I'm sorry if I added more to your distress and I hope you do come back. Many Good wishes for you.

Annette

Lovely post Annette, I hope the OP comes back and reads it.

ringfailure

Rough_Rock

Now she is suing me! Stating that the ring was a gift and that she should be able to keep it. Total BS, right? Wow, I really dodged a bullet with her. But now I need to deal with this...

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringfailure|1416957446|3790480 said:
Total BS, right?

Some courts would agree with you, others would not. It tends to vary by state. Time to google and/or get an attorney.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ringfailure, ditto VR - please get an attorney involved. I also think you would be best served by refraining from posting here - in fact I strongly suggest asking the moderators to delete this thread (you can hit the "report concern" button). Of course it'll still be searchable via public search engine caches for some time, but the longer it's inactive the more digging it will take to unearth - and really, anything's better than open and active.

This situation is clearly not going to come to amicable resolution and I would hate for your posts here to be used against you somehow... and by posting a photo of the ring you've further compromised your anonymity.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringfailure|1416957446|3790480 said:
Now she is suing me! Stating that the ring was a gift and that she should be able to keep it. Total BS, right? Wow, I really dodged a bullet with her. But now I need to deal with this...

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

Didn't she hand the ring back to you when she told you about the kiss? And I assume that you had it your possession during the talk where she admitted to flirting and text messages with other guys? After that, to stay within your time frame wouldn't you have sent it back and returned it? I don't understand what she's suing you for. A ring which she voluntarily gave back and which has now been returned and perhaps sold to someone else?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Who gets to keep the engagement ring laws vary by state. Google: Engagement Ring Laws (with the state you live in) and see what comes up.

I wish you much happiness in the future. Hopefully this chapter of your life is closed soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results