shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got back from being sized and resized and resized. And still concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again fellow Pricescopers! Thanks as always for helping me out.

Well I went to a Tacori dealer and tried on the wedding set that is the same thickness as mine, as well as several other similar wedding sets in similar widths.

I had them use the ring sizer 1st to determine my size and I felt most comfortable with a 5 3/4.

The Tacori sample was a 6 1/4 and was too big for my liking. I tried on another similar width ring that was a size 6 and felt more snug and was comfortable. each by itself was a bit loose but still ok.

I didn''t get to try on a sample that was 5 3/4.

OMG! Now I still don''t know what to do. Except maybe ask tacori to make my rings 5 7/8!!! haha

My gut is telling me to order these rings in a 5.75, not a 6. The lady at the store suggested they might be tight or might not. She said I could get a 6 and if they are too big add sizing balls or a bar but I am not sure I like that idea. Will a quarter size REALLY that big of a deal and make THAT much of a difference? I know I am obsessing and probably splitting hairs but I never ever want to have a ring chopped off me finger again!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Where do you live? Is it cool/cold right now? Because your fingers will be larger in warm weather.

Did you try on BOTH rings, together? Because the ring that sits on top will be pushed up on your finger, and the higher up on your finger, the snugger it will be. On most hands. Some people do have fingers that are the same width all the way up.

One of my rings felt snug at first, almost uncomfortably so, but the man who made the ring talked me into wearing it for a week before resizing it. After a week it felt just right.

For a quarter size, sometimes even eternity rings can be 'reamed out' to make them a bit bigger.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm.

Is your knuckle bigger than your lower finger? That might help you make your decision. How does that size feel right at your knuckle - is the 5.75 tight there? really tight - or just a little tight? Is the 6 tight? or loose?

In light of the last fiasco - personally, I might lean toward the six. Only because you''ll have two rings on (maybe totalling 5-6MM) and together they will be thicker.. I just wouldn''t want you to order a 5.75 - and they make a 5+ and it''s too small.

Here''s a thought - and something I did too. Go to a cheapo store and buy a fake ring in the size your are considering. I actutally got a fake eternity band from Banana republic - but any Macy''s or dept store will have these. Mine was $20. Wear it around for a day or so to see if you like the size.

Everyone''s fingers change size throughout the day - maybe the "test" rings can help you decide on the best size for you, and save a too big or too small ring order..

1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t blame you for being paranoid!! what an experience!! i do think that heat/cold is an issue. our body tends to fluxuate in size throughout the day anyway, but climate changes can play a big part. did you have another ring you wore before this one? if so, did you notice any changes? also, i like the suggestion of finding a big ring to wear around for awhile. you won''t find a 5.75 (or any 1/4 sizes for that matter) but you could get a 6 and see how it wears for a couple of weeks. i know you probably want to just hurry and get your ring done so that you can wear it, but since you''ve been through such an ordeal, taking your time to decide what will work is probably best. if you can''t find any rings at department stores, this is the one time that i would reccomend ebay for a ring purchase!! good luck!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I would be a bit traumatized too if I had had a ring cut off my finger.
face21.gif

Belle may be onto something there. Maybe go with a size 6 and see how it feels wearing both rings for a while. If it feels a bit big, you can always have sizing beads put in. You may also avoid a ring sizing down the road as you age or get pregnant.

It''s a thought. Just mull it over.
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others, that I would be reluctant too after experiencing what you did with your ring.

Will you be wearing both of them all of the time? Or will you be wearing them separately on occasion? That will make a difference too. Just being a woman is enough to have the fluctuating effects if you know what I mean. Add to that the weather and you have additional swelling at times. I think I would size them as if I''d wear them together all the time. IOW, err on the side of having them slightly bigger (ie. sz 6), that way even if they''re slightly bigger you won''t ever worry about them being too small.

When I wore my mom''s wedding set I had on a ring guard, which held the two rings together. They are inexpensive and are bendable, yet they added a slight snugness to it, as well as held them together to prevent them from spinning. It was a small piece of metal which kind of looked like the letter "z" and clamped the 2 pieces together. The good thing about it was that if the rings ever got too snug you could remove them easily. If you are interested in something like that and cannot get it from your jeweler, PM me and I''ll see about getting one from here. I sent one to my dear friend Bagpuss and I think it worked for her.

Let me know.

I like the idea of getting an inexpensive ring in the size you''re considering and then wearing it for a while. Actually, I find that my fingers swell at night, so if you try one on for size for a few days, be sure to sleep in it.

Please don''t think you''re being silly here AT all. If any of us had been through the experience you had, we might be ordering TWO rings -- one in each size!

Please keep us informed! Mary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results