shape
carat
color
clarity

just got a ring...what do u think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fish20042004

Rough_Rock
oval brilliant
9.07x6.62x 3.61
weight 1.50
depth 54.5
table 58
girdle thin to very thick, faceted
polish good
sym good
clarity vs2
color h
floures faint
gia

reena

Ideal_Rock
congrats!
1.gif

are you planning to have it appraised, just to be sure you got what you paid for?

fish20042004

Rough_Rock
Hey Reena,
THanks. Should I get it appraised before I make final payment? Also, What do you think of the specifics, clarityu, color, etc. It looked really big, no flaws and rather White I thougt. THanks for the imput.

reena

Ideal_Rock
hi, others can chime in as to what they think, but if you have the opportunity to have it appraised before you pay, i would really think about it. just to be sure, and also to get an expert's opinion on the stone and as to whether you paid a fair price. also, i think you mentioned that the cert is from almost 20 years ago--you'll want to make sure that the cert matches and that nothing has happened to the stone (chipping, whatever) since the date of the cert.

have you seen a copy of the actual GIA cert? if i were you i'd ask for it.

i don't know much about ovals, but you saw other people's advice on the stone from before. just judging from the oval cut charts it looks like it might be a tad bit shallow, but that's also probably why it looks big to your eye; so as long as you're pleased with it's brilliance and general shape, then i wouldn't worry too much about it.

i'd also check to see what your return window is, so that you have an out if you don't like what the appraiser has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results