carat
color
clarity

Just discovered AVCs...need help!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello,

I've been back and forth about what my next ring project will be, mostly going between step cuts and ovals. I just discovered AVCs and they are AMAZING. I think I've decided on buying a loose stone for now and just having it set later. Tax returns are coming...gotta spend it, right? :lol:

Anyway, I have some questions about them. Since they are cushions, do they face up smaller than rounds? What specs should I be looking for to maximize brilliance as far as depth and table? Can you even go wrong with one of these stones since they are all cut to be particularly brilliant? Any info would be appreciated...but I have fallen in love!! Thanks!!! You guys are all such a great help.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the AVC club! I have a pair that I wear as studs and they are superb. There is no way you can go wrong with the fire and brilliance, as these are cut to maximize both. So it's really about which cushion- in shape, size, and color- speaks to you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree...they are all beautiful, just choose the shape and color that appeal to you! I have one on my list, too!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad to know I can't go wrong. As much as I am not an expert, I am soooo not an expert on cushion cuts (or AVCs). I can't wait to add one to my collection. Thanks guys!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi iheartyou,

The AVC are cut and hand selected to show the best possible optics, although it is possible there could be small variances between them you can be assured that you will get a beautiful diamond that deserves the AVC name according to Jon's strict standards. As DS and Miss Debby say, pick the one which you like best.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lorelei - Thanks so much for your input! I'm glad to know the differences are just a matter of personal preference.

Any idea what specs will allow cushions to appear/face up larger? I want to get the biggest bang for my buck.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All you have to do is compare the diameter measurements. So if there are 2 one carat stones and one is say 6.0mmX6.0mm and the other is 6.1mmX6.2mm, then you could ask Jonathan to take a picture or video for you of the two side by side and you could decide if the extra size was a factor for you as you consider the overall beauty of the stone.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow diamondseeker, it's as simple as that huh! :lol: That was probably pretty obvious, but thanks sooo much for explaining it to me. You're a great help!!!

Now all I have to do is convince my family that I'm not crazy for making ANOTHER diamond-related purchase...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to be of help! And join the crowd...I am sure most of us have family who think we are crazy! :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results