shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubilee? Well cut radiant? Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Jubilee, that stone is awesome, at least the pictures I''ve seen on pricescope. I contacted GOG and they said it would be 6 to 8 months, if they get them at all. Makes my stomach ache, because I like that stone better than the Lucida and Luceres I''ve seen on Pricesope? What''s the hold up on these stones? My next option would be a well cut square radiant, but I''m in love with the Jubilee. Help?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I think that GOG mentioned a new propriety radiant they are excited about
33.gif
have no information beyond that.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/20/2006 10:48:56 PM
Author:salmon
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Jubilee, that stone is awesome, at least the pictures I''ve seen on pricescope. I contacted GOG and they said it would be 6 to 8 months, if they get them at all. Makes my stomach ache, because I like that stone better than the Lucida and Luceres I''ve seen on Pricesope? What''s the hold up on these stones? My next option would be a well cut square radiant, but I''m in love with the Jubilee. Help?
Can you post a picture of the Jubilee that you are talking about?

salmon

Shiny_Rock
JulieN,

The square H&A is not so square and I really want a square stone. I''ve seen psuedo square stones that look awkward to me once they''re set. I love the way Jubilees and Radiants square cuts look after they''ve been set. Diagem, I attached a picture of the jubilee. Can you help me with this purchase? Thanks

JUbilee1234.JPG.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll sell you mine
11.gif
Just kidding. I was an early adopter and at that time GOG mentioned it would be a staple and eligible for the trade up policy. I guess the cutter is not producing them. I think the closest is the square H&A. Alot depends on the mounting. If you design the mounting to emphasize the features you wnt, I don''t think there will be much difference. If you want to spend alot, then the HoF is very close.

Good luck

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Noobie,

Thanks, but the Jubilee is to die for IMHO. I think I would go with a square radiant, if I can''t get the Jubilee, but I''m willing to wait 6 to 8 months. My Gf has no idea I''m preparing to propose, so I''m not under any pressure. I JUST WANT MY precioussssss Jubilee.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the square h&a has rounded corners and could even be considered more square than the jubilee. the jubliee is a ''cut cornered square'' (i.e. no corners) so you really have to build up and emphasize the corners with the setting to make it look square. if you want a true square, get a princess.

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Belle,

Really, If I get the Square H&A it will look more square than the Jubilee? Have ave you seen one set? I was considering the princess, but was warned by Mark Morrell, that the corners are prone to chipping during mounting. Any pics of A Square H&A out there?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the square h&a has corners. they are rounded corners, but they are corners. the jubliee, as well as many other modified squares, don't have true corners, they are 'cut'. if you want a true square, you need corners. of course there is risk with setting a princess stone, but we see many many princess cut stones here everyday that are perfect. if they were that much of a hazard, princess cuts would not survive the market.

you can do a search here for pics of square h&a's. i know there are more than a few out there.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Hi Salmon!
35.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
35.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

My 3-stone ring has a Jubilee center stone and Square Hearts & Arrows side stones.

In terms of "squareness," I think they look about equal. The Sq. H&A might edge out the Jubilee a teensy bit because its outline seems a bit more square (to me). I really think both stone shapes are unmistably square, though, especially once set.

The Jubilee and the Sq. H&A seem to be very comparable, shape- and performance-wise. The Jubilee does beat the Sq. H&A on spread, however.

Here''s a link to my ring if you want an idea of how the shapes compare:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-3-stone-jubilee-ring.40417/=

HTH!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t really know much about the Jubilee, but I have a squarish radiant and I can''t tell it has cut corners. With the prongs covering the corners, it looks like a square shaped diamond. Possibly some radiants are cut with deeper corners so that they wouldn''t look square (or rectangular), but none that I''ve seen.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 12:52:29 PM
Author: salmon

Any pics of A Square H&A out there?

Here is a link to my engagement ring which has a Square H&A in it. (There are more pictures on the second page) I can''t tell you if it''s "more square" than a Jubilee as I''ve never seen a Jubilee in person, but I can tell you that nobody has mistaken my stone for anything but a square.

Good luck shopping!

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Kathy and Danielle,

Thanks soooo much for the photos, that really helped me out a lot. I have to say, those stones are beautiful and VERY Square. There''s no way you could mistake that for anything but a square. Coool. You''re both very lucky. I guess I should give the Square H&A more thought, especially if the Jubilees are out of production at the moment. You made my day!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF has a stone that Mara posted from her trip there. It doesn't have a name yet but looks a lot like a Jubilee?? You can see it in her thread in hangout. It was with a bunch of princess cuts but there is a great pic of it all by itself. I thought it was beautiful. Check it out, could be what you're looking for??

salmon

Shiny_Rock
kaleigh!!!!!

I never would have checked hangout! You''re awesome. Thanks

salmon

Shiny_Rock
can''t find the link?? Is it no longer there?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let me go find it,

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
salmon (i can''t help it, whenever i see your name i think of kellie pickler going ''sal-mon'')....
5.gif

the thread is called ''mara on my mind'' in hangout, and while alj and i were visiting WF, they showed us a new stone cut/shape they are looking at producing, it doesn''t have a name yet but we took a picture of it. anyway it does remind me of the jubilee somewhat. but the nuances are so small between the cut corned squares...i have one of the original regent stones and LOVE it, but they apparently don''t cut them like that anymore, they made them even more cut cornered it seems? so these fancy square cut cornered cuts seem to be constantly changing. i loved the jube''s when they first came out too, and would love to own one.

good luck with the search!!

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

I have to say, your just marvelous. all of you regular posters are wonderful. I''ve gone from Lucida, to princess, to radiant, to Lucere, to you name it and all the while, people have been patient and wonderful! I''m going a little nuts, but the knowlege gained has been more than worth it to me. I can''t wait until I found my stone and ship it off to Mark Morrell. Oh the joy it brings just thinking about it. Thanks Mara! Oh yeah, I get comments about "Salmon" all the time. I use it quite a bit.

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Now,

Mara, Mara, Mara,

You have to know, you''re not getting off that easy. I can handle Brian. You have to at least tell me how these square stones compare to other squares (radiant, Square H&A, and Princess cuts). The facet patterns look similar to a Princess cut to me, at least from the pics. They look so firey, and the scintillation was amazing. BLING, BLING, BLING BABY!! Wow! I can''t imagine what they look like in direct light. Wow! How long do I have to wait for these babies? What''s your honest impression? Do you think I should wait Mara? You''re such a diamond tease! I can''t beleive I willingly participated in that little torture experiment. I guess waiting will be half the fun. MARA PLEASE TELL ME A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT THESE STONES? Pretty please. Just a little. Ohhh, the pain, the pain, the diamond induced pain.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually salmon, the cut cornered one was separate from the princess ones. the princess looking ones were actually princesses, and the other one lone picture is that ''something new''. and honestly i don''t know much about it!! we just saw a few of them, they aren''t even named. i think they are still working on developing them. i wish i could help more but that is all i know!! but man those princesses we saw were AMAZING. i''m not a huge princess fan but these things sparkled like no one''s business. i''m busy imagining a 3 stone with those babies. to be honest i liked the way they looked more than the nameless cut cornered square but i think those princesses were a tough act to follow! so many diamonds, so little time!!
31.gif

randuff

Rough_Rock
I purchased an Original Cut Radiant. I like it very much and so does my fiance''. It has tremendous fire and brilliance and scintillation. See it here. Wish I had more pics but my camera is just terrible and can''t take good macros.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe cusher reminds me of that other thread where the guy named the cushy asscher, or something...it was a hilarious name. squassher! this could be a 'squashion'.
5.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 5:14:37 PM
Author: Mara
hehe cusher reminds me of that other thread where the guy named the cushy asscher, or something...it was a hilarious name. squassher! this could be a ''squashion''.
5.gif
squasher of cushy asscher, funny thing - first time in my life i don''t need to do a spellcheck

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 5:21:27 PM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 5/22/2006 5:14:37 PM
Author: Mara
hehe cusher reminds me of that other thread where the guy named the cushy asscher, or something...it was a hilarious name. squassher! this could be a ''squashion''.
5.gif
squasher of cushy asscher, funny thing - first time in my life i don''t need to do a spellcheck
LOL. Thanks for posting that pic Irina. I adore this cut!!!!
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results