shape
carat
color
clarity

jubilee or ACA RB - your preference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maryam

Rough_Rock
My wedding and engagement rings were stolen and I was heartbroken for months. I am now on a quest for a new ring.

I originally was looking for a 1.7-1.8 RB. But now, given how expensive they are, am debating between a 1.31 jubilee or a 1.54 ACA RB. What do you prefer? My previous stone was a 1.7 ct princess with 2 side trillions. It was beautiful but I was bothered by the fact that it had to be really clean to sparkle. I do love squarish stones but am nervous that the 1.3 jub will seem, well, too small, esp as I had originally hoped to upgrade to a bigger stone. And the RBs are so very sparkly........!

What do you think between the two?

Thank you!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I prefer rounds to the jubliee, but that's just my personal preference. Lots of people love the jubs. If you are considering rounds, the ACA's have a great rep, and are beautiful. You should also consider other branded or non-branded super ideal cut rounds. It might help you broaden your choices in size/specs/cost without sacrificing anything. (The ACA is not a different cut, just a very precise, ideal, round brillant cut.) Check out the top stones at Good Old Gold, Suberbcert, Dirtcheapdiamonds, Niceice, and Winfields as a start. (There are probably more -- I always tend to leave some out -- sorry.)

Sorry to hear about the loss of your original rings. That's awful!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
My e-ring is a princess & I recently bought a RB right hand ring... I love how different they are - one is all sharp angles & the other's all round.

Are you ready for a change? If so, a RB would fit the bill... If you loved the square shape of your princess, then a Jube, set just so, could look similar.

The decision is really up to you & what you want your new ring to look like...? Wish I could be more helpful, but this decision is all yours...

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My very personal opinion: if you like squarish, do not take the jubilee. Every time I look at it, it seems more and more round to me. I personally consider it a false square.

I would always choose the ACA RB in this case. Ten years from now, it will still be a popular shape. It remains to be seen whether someone remembers the Jubilee next year.

Sorry if I offended Jubilee-owners (it is a beautiful stone), but if the choice is between round and Jubilee, I think it is a no-brainer.

Live long,

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paul!

At this level of quality, it's a matter of taste.

They both perform great.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Having purchased both in the last six months I'll offer this. I think it's a matter of shape preference. If you like a square shape, I don't think you will be disappointed in the performance of a Jubilee. It performs very well and is very sparkly. Having said that, however I really like rounds. So it's a matter of what you prefer in shape.

Dadof4

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 9/19/2004 12:10:37 PM Maryam wrote:

I do love squarish stones but am nervous that the 1.3 jub will seem, well, too small, esp as I had originally hoped to upgrade to a bigger stone. And the RBs are so very sparkly........!

What do you think between the two?

Thank you!
----------------

Have you read Jonathan's comparison of the size vs. carats on his website? With the Jub you get a larger size per carat than with the Princess. Check it out at the bottom of his explanation/comparison of the Jub and Princess. Also, you get the performance of a RB with the Jub, unlike the Princess.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/jubilee.htm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results