shape
carat
color
clarity

Join me on my first custom design - would love your input!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Join me on my first custom design - would love your inpu

Have you looked at Timeless designs?
I'm thinking of one of their settings for my pear.

http://www.timelessdesigns.com/content/r1299

timeless4.jpg

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Elisa, I haven't looked there! I'll pop over there later and give them a look. Thank you!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Here are some more inspiration ideas.

Octagon bezel. Really lovely profile.

119_1299874914_2.jpg

01_XXX_119_1299874914_1.jpg

119_1299874914_3.jpg

Gallery Design.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like this sidestone/shank design and think it would look fantastic with an octagonal halo.

img8423e.jpg

img8424c.jpg

img8425i.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Love the shank... would look great with a octagonal BEZEL instead of the halo.

Prongs.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

This one belongs to a pricescoper, I hope they don't mind my posting.

Your design will result in a very similar ring. The bezel will be different, but the step cut's can blend in with metal so the shank will look like this. I love this ring. It is one of my favorite bezel designs.

yellow.oec.03.JPG

yellow.oec.01.JPG

yellow.oec.02.JPG

yellow.oec.011.JPG

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Ooooh I LOVE the octagon design/ idea too Susie!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1321411763|3062630 said:
Love the shank... would look great with a octagonal BEZEL instead of the halo.

I :love: this!!!!!

You are getting some great ideas here!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Octagonal bezel that works with a round brilliant (no gaps)

From here: http://www.timelessdesigns.com/catalog/bridal There are a TON of octagonal bezels on there with round stones in Deco influenced styles. The designs are listed under both their "modern" and their "vintage" categories.

I like the one with the sapphrie sidestones best as it has only one small prong in each corner.

The last one is closest to your design.

R1314 (2).jpg

R596SA_POW.jpg

R1321.jpg

R628_POW_0.JPG

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy, the second one with the sapphires is the setting I was talking about in my post! I am thinking about putting my pear in it. I just need some photoshop help seeing it. I love timeless they have tons of beautiful settings. I really love the octagon with the round stone.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy,

My style GURU, I am soooooooo pleased you saw my thread!! :wavey:

I was hoping for your input as you have exquisite taste!!! Thank you so much. :appl: :appl: :appl:

I l :love: ve the 1st and 3rd ones you posted. I think I will gather a few more of my pictures and fire them of to BGD and see what they say.
I do want to avoid lots of wee stones/melee as I don't think they work well with my lifestyle. However I could easily incorporate filigree and a couple of side stones.

HOT, Lil Misfit and Elisa thank you for you comments, it is really making me see my dream ring appear, as if before my eyes. I think an octagonal bezel IS the way I am heading.

Keep 'em comin!!!

Thanks everyone!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Elisateach|1321413376|3062658 said:
Gypsy, the second one with the sapphires is the setting I was talking about in my post! I am thinking about putting my pear in it. I just need some photoshop help seeing it. I love timeless they have tons of beautiful settings. I really love the octagon with the round stone.

Elisa, I think a pear would look insane in that setting!!! :love: :love: :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think it is a nice one but understand the desire for a CAD to check. I hope someone sees it and helps out.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

download_0.jpg

Thought this was pretty. I will be watching this and learning, you have great taste and it looks like the experts are chiming in!
Good luck in this fun quest! :wavey:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_0561.jpg

This is lovely too...

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy|1321412916|3062651 said:
Octagonal bezel that works with a round brilliant (no gaps)

From here: http://www.timelessdesigns.com/catalog/bridal There are a TON of octagonal bezels on there with round stones in Deco influenced styles. The designs are listed under both their "modern" and their "vintage" categories.

I like the one with the sapphrie sidestones best as it has only one small prong in each corner.

The last one is closest to your design.

HI Gypsy and Elisa

I have just spent a happy hour on Timeless Designs. Very much the kind of vintage look I am after. I have contacted them about setting R1321, as the one that was closest to my drawing doesn't go up to a 1.7 carat. I did mention it to them, though.

So I will be interested to see how it comes in price wise. I will let you know.

Backwardsandinheels,

Thank you for your design inspiration. I love the first one you posted. :love: :love: :love:

I am going to email the ever helpful Jamie at BGD and forward on some of the pictures you have all given me, in the hope it can take my design process to the next stage.

I appreciate all of your help and I feel very grateful for all the time and energy you have devoted to help me. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you. :wavey:

(insert big kiss emotie!!!!)

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Susimoo,
Great choice! I was pleasantly surprised at the quote for the setting I'm looking at with the custom pear center. If the price stays close I may be able to swing the band too!!! Can't wait to see your finished ring.
Elisa

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1321328976|3061896 said:
We found this beauty (made by Engagement Rings Direct) the other day :love: :

Love this ring!!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Any update on your ring, Susi?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

D&T|1321406054|3062554 said:
another picture for inspiration? ;-)

Love this one. Reminds me of Circe's ring :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lil Misfit|1326852294|3105533 said:
Any update on your ring, Susi?
Updates????

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Lil Misfit and Amy's Bling :wavey:

Thank you for thinking about me! :bigsmile:

I have been meaning to update my thread. I have a bit of a huge confession. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I didn't go ahead with the bezel. :-o

I kept going over and over it my head. Looking at my inspiration pictures, again and again, but I just couldn't visualise it at all.
I dragged my poor DH round several antique shops here in Perth and tried on as many bezels as I could. All in smaller sizes. The biggest I could find was a one carat. I found myself getting more and more confused about what I wanted. I also was extremely nervous about doing the whole thing long distance. This was going to be an almost $4000 setting and I really didn't know if it was right.

Anyway, I had spoken at length with a local antique dealer here and they said they had a great bench and would be happy to replicate an antique setting for me.

So I repeated the process with them. It took nearly one month to respond to my initial email detailing my requirements and showing them the inspiration pictures we had discussed. So I gave up. They did continue to correspond with me and despite 3 months and several emails passing between us I still never got to the actual cost. So I pulled the plug completely before Christmas. In their defence, I did say I wasn't in a hurry, but 3 months with no costing? :rolleyes:

I also emailed Victor Canera, who was a darling!! He talked me through the process, via email, providing drawings and costings as we went. I still wasn't sure.

Add into that various other PS'ers, especially Yssie, who are soooo much more knowledgeable than me, creating a unique and expensive setting and then it not being right or what she envisaged!! OMG what hope did I have.

So I stepped back. DH could see it was really getting me down. We had a heart to heart about my dreams and desires regarding diamonds and wedding sets. I told him I did hope one day to get over 2 carats (however with current pricing I would not spend the $10k required to add an extra 0.4mm :nono: ). I did want a Deco setting, but truly didn't think that my wants would go with my current wedding band or eternity.

He simply said that I should set my diamond, today, in whatever setting I loved, wear it on its own or with a new band (he was not sentimental about my original band which was a total shock to me :-o ) and in the future we could revisit the diamond upgrade if and when I wanted to. We also decided that it would be better given our distance (we are in Australia for 4 years) from all the amazing vendors it would be easier to choose a setting that already existed for a RB.

So thats what I did. I showed him all the pictures from my inspiration file and we both kept coming back to one. :love: :love: :love:

If you got this far, you deserve a medal! :snore:

I chose..........................................................................................................................................................

The Emilya by Victor Canera.

The metal work will commence next week and hopefully the ring will be ready in about two weeks. So I will hopefully have it by first or second week in February. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Very, very different to what I initially started with, but all the settings that were on this thread got me very halo excited :oops: .
When Victor and I were communicating he picked up on my fear of pave/maintenance. He talked me through it and then I came round to the fact I could keep my beautiful stone and still add extra dimension and sparkle.

So I did and I am beyond excited. I will wear the ring on its own on my left hand and alternate my (many) eternities on my right.
I will decide later if I want to add the matching band.

In the future if I do upgrade it will probably be to an asscher a'la Gypsy and Lil Misfit in either a halo or a 3/5 stone. I will wait until the fancy (and finances ;)) :devil: ) take me.
I would simply have my new VC set with a coloured stone. this setting is a keeper for me, either way.

I would love to hear your thoughts on my journey, even if I do deserve a spanking for all my pondering and time wasting. :tongue:

Thanks again!! :wavey:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

I can relate! :lol: I thought that I was ready to start my upgrade process, but when I started a thread on it and got lots of fantastic input, I realized that I just wasn't quite ready. It's so easy to get caught up in the excitement and want it NOW!, but I think that you were smart to step back and go a different direction. You sound thrilled about your new setting, gorgeous btw :love: and it will add the extra finger coverage you want, while in the meantime you can continue to shop around for your forever setting! You can never go wrong with VC! :lickout: :razz:

I can't wait to see pics!! Congratulations and I'm happy that you found a setting that your thrilled with! :appl:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Christina...|1326970741|3106540 said:
I can relate! :lol: I thought that I was ready to start my upgrade process, but when I started a thread on it and got lots of fantastic input, I realized that I just wasn't quite ready. It's so easy to get caught up in the excitement and want it NOW!, but I think that you were smart to step back and go a different direction. You sound thrilled about your new setting, gorgeous btw :love: and it will add the extra finger coverage you want, while in the meantime you can continue to shop around for your forever setting! You can never go wrong with VC! :lickout: :razz:

I can't wait to see pics!! Congratulations and I'm happy that you found a setting that your thrilled with! :appl:

Christina,

Thank you! :)) I didn't get a spanking! :bigsmile:

It is very difficult. I feel your pain. I just knew that I wasn't ready to go custom because I could not truly say this was it. With a bezel, from my limited knowledge, it would be difficult to re use. This way IF (that big small word ;)) ) I do change my stone I get to keep my beautiful setting.

It may be my last, but given the amount of time I spend on here, it would be foolish of me to say it was my forever setting/diamond.
It is my perfect, "just now" pairing. :saint: :devil: :bigsmile:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Oh Susie!! :love: :love: :love:

It is going to be a stunning ring!! And I think your idea of a colored stone for the setting down the track if you choose to upgrade later is a fantastic idea!!

And it will be here in a couple of weeks!!

Perth is getting some seriously good bling!! :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

hawaiianorangetree|1326981555|3106591 said:
Oh Susie!! :love: :love: :love:

It is going to be a stunning ring!! And I think your idea of a colored stone for the setting down the track if you choose to upgrade later is a fantastic idea!!

And it will be here in a couple of weeks!!

Perth is getting some seriously good bling!! :bigsmile:

Hey Hot

Thank you!

I am afraid the combination of school holidays, quarterly rental inspection and 35 degree heat has seriously affected my ability to access PS. :bigsmile:

If I had more time I would have been harassing you, big style!!! Where is it??? We need to see the 5 stone!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:wavey:

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock

This is wonderful news. Perth is finally going to have a Victor Canera ring! I can't wait to see it. We simply must organise a get together one day to admire all of these beautiful rings.

I think you absolutely made the right choice. So excited for you.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

So we will make a date for after your return from NZ Zahra? :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

Susie ~ I have it! And it's beautiful. I was waiting for the weekend to take some better photos but it doesn't look like there is going to be much sun with all these thunderstorms around, so maybe I should just post the ones I have.

Is anyone else tired from being awake half the night with the thunder?! :snore:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Zahra Leyla and HOT :wavey:

Thank you both! :bigsmile:

I think it would be amazing if we had a Perth PS GTG. Wow, what a sparkly day that would be. :praise:

Perth PS'ers have been doing a lot of sparkly purchasing recently, so it would be wonderful to see all your pieces in RL. :love: :love: :love:

I do think we should wait till after ZL gets her HUGE new ring. Between looking out for that, the 5 stone and Glam Moshers new sparkly lovely I would have been cross eyed whilst walking round Perth. :lol:

So I will update SMTB when my new beauty arrives and once ZL has taken receipt of her mega rock, we can make a date :lol: . :naughty:

:wavey:

PS HOT get the camera out! ;))

We NEED pictures, NOW!!!! :devil: :naughty: :Up_to_something: :tongue:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

yay! cant wait to see it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results