shape
carat
color
clarity

Jared Lifetime Warranty

mgpatsfan

Rough_Rock
I know I know that this is so taboo but I will ask anyway because I am a newbie for sure...

Isn''t it worth a couple of extra bucks to get the following from Jared, great piece of mind, if you lose your diamond they will replace for free...

Does anyone have experience with this?

Lifetime Diamond and Color Gemstone Guarantee We want you to be completely happy with your diamond and color gemstone jewelry, from the day you make your purchase, through all the years to come. That''s why we guarantee our diamond and color gemstone jewelry for a lifetime, as long as 6-month inspections have been performed and documented by an authorized representative.

Here is what we cover:
We will replace, free of charge*, any diamond, emerald, ruby or sapphire covered by this Guarantee if it chips, breaks, or is lost from its original setting during normal wear. In order for your Diamond and Gemstone Guarantee to remain in effect, you must have your diamond and/or gemstone inspected and have the inspection documented every 6 months by an authorized representative. In addition, all necessary repairs must be completed by our representatives.

* This includes the labor and materials necessary to set the replacement diamond or gemstone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s not taboo.

A separate insurance policy would cover that as well though, in addition to loads of other things jared may or may not cover - theft, loss, owner-stupidity.. without the 6mo inspection requirement.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is certainly up to you. I am in a minority here but my ering, wedding ring and my more expensive RHR''s I like have a local jeweler with a warranty where I can walk in the door and hand over my ring and get it fixed free of charge. I have about 10 pieces from Jared''s and Kays and have not had a bit of trouble getting my jewelry repaired. Although my pieces are not worth tens of thousands of dollars I would still hesitate to send something off in the mail to be fixed.

You will pay more at Jared''s than online which is why many people prefer to buy online.

suzannea

Shiny_Rock
Trade
No way- just get a regular insurance policy from your home owners/renter- it gets very hard to remember to have your ring inspected every 6 months- insurance coasts about 1.25 per hundred and has none of those exclusions. I lost me engagement ring and my company mailed me a check and now I''m getting a new one (also a little bigger :)

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I think they are a rip off that benefits the store (money up front) and not the consumer. They lock the consumer into six-month "check-ups" -- which would be really easy to forget after a number of years, and if you forget, the warranty is void. If you do lose/damage your stone, you are locked into getting your replacement stone from Jared's.

Jeweler's Mutual and Chubbs, or your own homeowner's insurance, as has been mentioned, are better deals and don't lock you into some arbitrary six-month inspection period for the entire time you own the ring, and don't require you to purchase a replacement/repair from Jared's.

Also, what if you buy the lifetime warranty, and Jared's goes out of business - it's worthless then.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I have a setting from Jared''s and bought the ESP on it. In the time that I''ve had it, it''s been nice to be able to walk into Jared''s and 3 hours later have a beautifully polished and inspected ring. The downside is that if you miss one time, the warranty is no longer valid. It has to be every 6 months. You could go every single day during those 6 months to have your ring steamed and polished if you wanted to. I do know that all of my friends that bought form Jared''s have the ESP and love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results