shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I just noticed we have a new vendor here on Pricescope! Welcome James Allen! Want to share any secrets to your web page? Loving the 3d veiw by the way very spiffy!
36.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
That would be "James Allen Schultz" I really like the design Jim. Any plans to add the real photos in the signature collection as on your other site.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is from DCD, it''s their new website I think.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I bet you are right...I realized the pave ring pictures were the same. But I also knew that Lenoid and Irenia dont let just anyone become a vendor here. I really an enjoying their site though, any clues as to when we will be able to see the settings without clicking on the 3d models?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2005 1:58:30 PM
Author: noobie
That would be 'James Allen Schultz' I really like the design Jim. Any plans to add the real photos in the signature collection as on your other site.
Good detective work.

At away Jim for your 30 day returns policy. Were you listening the last 48 hours?

Jim, best of wishes on the launch. Maybe you'll share a story about this development, but I think many past purchasers, including myself, who have involved our significant other in working with you, will appreciate the name change, if not more.

Regards,

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Jim congratulations on the launch of your new website. Please share some info as to it's development!!!

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hey folks!

This is Jim, err, I mean James Allen, err - whatever
1.gif

Yes - we have a new website that we''re really proud of - www.jamesallen.com

The site is something Michele and I started planning two years ago and unoffically launched earlier this month. We spent a couple weeks working out most of the bugs (notice I said MOST) before we asked Leonid to change over our banners and listings earlier this morning.

James Allen is 100% owned and operated by the same people that created DCD over six years ago. We strongly felt, however, that the James Allen website and name would better match the quality of diamonds and customer service that has been our focus from the beginning.

We are excited about your feedback and will be making daily improvements on the new website. Tonight I''m sure Michele and I willl pop a bottle of bubbly to celebrate this exciting transition in our business!

Please feel free to call, email or IM me with your questions, comments or suggestions.

Thanks again,

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/28/2005 2:09:15 PM
Author: Matatora
Oh I bet you are right...I realized the pave ring pictures were the same. But I also knew that Lenoid and Irenia dont let just anyone become a vendor here. I really an enjoying their site though, any clues as to when we will be able to see the settings without clicking on the 3d models?
Matatora,

All of the rings and jewelry have larger images and side profiles if you click on the "Large View" button under the item thumbnail.

I hope this answers your question!

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/28/2005 1:58:30 PM
Author: noobie
That would be ''James Allen Schultz'' I really like the design Jim. Any plans to add the real photos in the signature collection as on your other site.
Noobie,

Thanks for the compliment.

We''ll have magnified photo''s, Idealscope photo''s and full Megascope reports on every Signature diamond sometime next week.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
So will DCD still be a company or is everything being changed over?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

And now we can love the name too!!
2.gif
BTW, I continually get compliments on my diamond micropave (revival) bracelet I bought from you. I love it! Good luck on your new launch!

cheers--Sharon

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I tried the large veiw on some of them and it didnt work....Perhaps it is just my computer but for alot of the engagment ring items I had to do the 3D veiw. It will be up for veiwing soon enough I imagine!

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! I am very impressed with the website.. Very organized with lots of infomation and great quality pictures. Best of Luck as your launch your new site!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2005 2:56:18 PM
Author: James Allen

We are excited about your feedback and will be making daily improvements on the new website. Tonight I''m sure Michele and I willl pop a bottle of bubbly to celebrate this exciting
I offer good wishes in this new/continuing venture. One suggestion...consider having specials/announcements/e-mail reminders of updates for your past customers. Also...

Please feel free to call, email or IM me with your questions, comments or suggestions.
even if they are creative....?

I copy from your site...

"James Allen values your feedback on our products and our service but requests that you be specific in your comments and not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions or materials...."

I have to think maybe you''ve gotten some lawyers involved in the text for your "terms of use" section, and might consider reviewing again.

While I''m on a roll...

I do like especially the brightness and look of some of your images.

I miss the layered database you had previously, but am guessing nobody wanted to buy diamonds from those last two "layers"...although the text you used for "average" seemed to be clever enough.

I miss the search protocols you had...somehow seems now more of a standard approach and look, where it was more unique and straightforward before, one search taking you into both the signature series and other options.

I''ll write you separately with a couple of other thoughts (the interactive tutorial is something that will certainly get attention, and I want still to figure out that download)...but wish you well as you continue to add value with your business. Once again, name change and especially extension of time on returns are winners in my book.

Regards,

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH..

MY..

GOD!

23.gif

This is my future right hand ring. STUNNING. I am drooling uncontrollably over here!!
30.gif

"This Beautiful 18 Karat gold butterfly set with 44 diamonds 0.86 Carat all G color or better with VS2 clarity or better is showing the unique style of nature on the tip of your finger. This ring can be set with Marquise shaped diamond from 0.50 carat up to 1.99 Carat."

oh my god butterfly.gif

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/28/2005 5:13:02 PM
Author: mrssalvo

mrssalvo,

The DCD website isn''t going anywhere, at least anytime soon. We have too long of a history and too many wonderful past customers to completely let go of DCD right away. I think it''s reasonable, however, to think that a year or so down the line as we could change our mind.

What do you think - should we keep DCD up and running forever?

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/28/2005 6:03:35 PM
Author: Regular Guy

I have to think maybe you''ve gotten some lawyers involved in the text for your ''terms of use'' section, and might consider reviewing again.
Ahh - the lawyers. If I didn''t have lawyers I would be much closer to paying for my kids education
2.gif

Thanks - I''ll get those terms of use changed to be a bit more friendly...

Date: 7/28/2005 6:03:35 PM
Author: Regular Guy

I miss the search protocols you had...somehow seems now more of a standard approach and look, where it was more unique and straightforward before, one search taking you into both the signature series and other options.
I miss them too, and that''s one suggestion we''ve heard a few times already. I think we''re going to try and incorporate some of the old DCD style search functions into James Allen next week.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2005 1:45:32 PM
Author: James Allen
Date: 7/28/2005 5:13:02 PM

Author: mrssalvo

mrssalvo,

The DCD website isn''t going anywhere, at least anytime soon. We have too long of a history and too many wonderful past customers to completely let go of DCD right away. I think it''s reasonable, however, to think that a year or so down the line as we could change our mind.

What do you think - should we keep DCD up and running forever?

DCD is too good a marketing tool to give up.
What I would do is create 2 lines.
dcd for the well cheap stuff.
Then have the JamesAllen site concentrate on the higher end stuff.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: strmrdr

DCD is too good a marketing tool to give up.
What I would do is create 2 lines.
dcd for the well cheap stuff.
Then have the JamesAllen site concentrate on the higher end stuff.
Ditto....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Double ditto. It''s the best of both worlds!!!! Very smart actually.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
new website looks fab! congrats
36.gif

I too think it''s a good idea to keep DCD plus the new site, at least for now!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. I like storms idea of having both websites.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
If you leave up DCD will you put it back here? Lurkers may not realize it is there...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Years ago, the only thing I told Jim was that I wished he had chosen a different name for his company. Truthfully, the DCD name has not hurt all that bad, but I always thought it did not make outstanding quality diamonds seem quite as valuable as a different name might have done.

I welcome the change and we''ll all see how it goes. Now that Jim and DCD has a working reputation, it may prove a better time for the name change than at the beginning.

AGA wishes you much success!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2005 6:38:17 PM
Author: Mara
OH..

MY..

GOD!

23.gif

This is my future right hand ring. STUNNING. I am drooling uncontrollably over here!!
30.gif

'This Beautiful 18 Karat gold butterfly set with 44 diamonds 0.86 Carat all G color or better with VS2 clarity or better is showing the unique style of nature on the tip of your finger. This ring can be set with Marquise shaped diamond from 0.50 carat up to 1.99 Carat.'

Awesome I wonder if its available with gemstones instead of diamonds :}
oh%20my%20god%20butterfly.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2005 4:36:00 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 7/28/2005 6:38:17 PM
Author: Mara

OH..

MY..

GOD!

23.gif

30.gif

''This Beautiful 18 Karat gold butterfly set with 44 diamonds 0.86 Carat all G color or better with VS2 clarity or better is showing the unique style of nature on the tip of your finger. This ring can be set with Marquise shaped diamond from 0.50 carat up to 1.99 Carat.''

Awesome I wonder if its available with gemstones instead of diamonds :}
now that would be cool!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that ring would be fantastic with peridot or blue topaz..yummy!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just say that I love the pictures at the top of each page!

Very nicely done!

I''ve already found something I want! ;-)

JABracelet.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results