shape
carat
color
clarity

Israel Rose

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys,
It's been a while since I've posted. Has anyone dealt with Israel Rose in NYC. I was looking at sapphires, and they looked beautiful on line.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I hope others will chime in.
I often look at their pieces online, but they desaturate their photos to the point that I cannot tell what I am looking at. i have had no luck asking them for additional photos.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the sapphire pictures look unrealistic (colour is amped up heavily). I know that labs don't exactly take the best pictures but when you compare the AGL report picture to the their picture, it looks like 2 completely different sapphires.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
That's what I am afraid of. The pictures show such vivid blue colors. Don't want to go into the city for nothing.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did buy from them, a diamond asscher band, and it was as described/depicted and a smooth transaction - but I agree, the quality of their pics especially colored gemstones (but diamonds too) leave much to be desired. That said, I would not hesitate to buy another diamond item from them again; not sure they would be my go-to for colored gemstone pieces since I'm on the West Coast... but if I could make the trek to their location without too much fuss and had my eye on a piece or two, I'd definitely book an appointment so I could check them out in person.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased my husband's wedding band from them.

Depending on the purchase, I would buy from them again, but I don't think I would buy a sapphire.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Appreciate all of your advice. I had the idea of a sapphire upgrade, but the more research I do, I may keep the ring I have. Any sapphire vendors in NY that you could recommend?
I did post on colored stones, and am trying to get a name of a trustworthy source!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a yellow diamond necklace and earrings from them. I looked at it online for a long time and when I was in New York, I went to see them. It was a great deal, IMO, $1600. for a 1.34 TCW set, all in 18K. I would buy from them again, but for something like a sapphire I would want to see it in person. They have a restocking fee if you return a purchase and I wouldn't want to pay it.

When I was there I looked at some of their sapphire pieces and I thought they were gorgeous.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just as an FYI: Israel Rose's 2014 holiday sale has begun - 10% off everything (15% for pins) - if you go to their website main page and "Click here to hear about upcoming holiday sales," it will take you to a page asking for your name and email; if you enter that info, the holiday promotion code is emailed to you almost right away.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results