shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this too skinny?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Whats the old saying...
You can''t be too thin or too rich.

Probably does not apply to this, OK.
1.gif

Bottom line is personal preference not any rule of thumb.
Even a ''golden rectangle'' is a little stout for many people.

What about asking for a photo ?

Or mocking a scale model up on a draw program or photoshop?

If you are unable to do this, email my son Ryan at [email protected] and he will mock up a scale ''virtual emerald cut'' for you to see.

reena

Ideal_Rock

ECmodel.JPG

I totally agree that it''s a matter of what you like. Also, will you be setting it with side stones? That might make a difference in how you like the stone ultimately.

My emerald cut center stone is 1.17 c with these measurements: 7.11 x 5.21 x 3.55. If you''d like to see what that size looks like set with two side stones, you can see the ring over at "Show me the ring" I have two different sets of photos up.

Let us know what you decide!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i think what you are looking at is very very classic. I do think trying a number of them on in varying shapes helps you to find out what your particular favorite ratio is...........I like 1.35 to 1.65. I ended up with 1.35 but its just thats was the best stone I found

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2004 9:52
6.gif
9 AM
Author: DiamondsRagirlsbestfriend
Reena - where can I locate that awesome fancy cut calculator you shared?
it''s the fancy shape selector at www.gemappraisers.com

LT777

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, and thanks for all the help! Yes it will have side stones, i just don''t want it to look too long and have the ring look weird you know? But someone mentioned it is very very classic, if that''s the case, then i would be happy with that.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it''s not colorless, but even longer... and very elegant !
4.gif

Sapphire-Sensation-Ring-7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results