shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this bubble a crystal inclusion?

Moondeer61

Rough_Rock
And will I be able to see it with my naked eye? Any help would be most appreciated.

_26092.jpg

_26093.jpg

Moondeer61

Rough_Rock
I'm new to PriceScope so maybe I'm not saying things right or even in the right forum. I'm wondering if the little bubble in the top right side of the picture of the ring is what's called a crystal? I saw this ring in person before I was on PS, and didn't know to look for inclusions-I was just noticing the sparkle! Then I saw the bubble on their web picture and freaked out. How much do they magnify those photos, does anyone know? Do you think I'll be able to see it with my naked eye? I'd really appreciate any feedback!

Medical

Rough_Rock
So I'm still very new to diamonds and essentially a novice- but I'm having trouble identifying a "bubble".

A few follow up questions: Has the diamond been graded/certified? If so, by who and what grades did it receive? It's more difficult to tell clarity of a diamond when it's set, especially because the pictures are at an angle. Now that I look again I think I do see what you're referring to, but at this angle- to me at least (again, total novice), I would guess thats artifact or maybe a cloud? But again, it's impossible for us to know without way more information. From searching around, crystals tend to look more like this:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/1.01-carat-h-color-i1-clarity-sku-354691 (this is a giant example of I believe carbon)

or smaller/more subtle, like this:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/0.70-carat-j-color-si1-clarity-sku-310944

Have you purchased the stone already? If not, you could always just ask for more pictures (preferably a face up 40x pic), certification docs, etc.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don't know what you're looking at and calling a bubble/crystal... if you had the diamond grading report, with the listed inclusions, and the plot of inclusions, we could provide some answers/opinions.

We don't know the photo set-up or the lighting - whatever you're looking at may simply be reflection from the camera or an overhead light source, or an artifact of the photography, and not present in the stone at all.

If you are interested in the ring, call the vendor and ask if the stone is eyeclean? Or, if there is a solid return policy, buy it and inspect it yourself/with an independent appraiser?

Moondeer61

Rough_Rock
Thank you for responding. You're right, the samples you provided look different than what I'm seeing. It is a vintage ring and doesn't have a report. They say it G, SI1 I love it, and am thinking of buying it (or my BF anyway). I don't know how magnified those pictures are, and I didn't even notice it when I first looked on the web.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results