shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this an OK deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sasuech

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a Princess Cut - 2.27 ct - depth 75.2 - table 88 - girdle very thin to thick - culet none - polish very good - symmetry good - medium blue flourescent. Clairty VS1. Color J. I have seen the stone, and with my very limited experience, it is beautiful and has a "wow" factor. Looks more like 2.5 ct. with the Table percentage. Not too sure what the crown height or pavillion depth is - not on Cert. The retailer is Barmakian (Boston MA). They are asking $11,000. Is this a good deal?? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don''t like the table percentage. And a lower depth percentage is what will really make a stone look bigger -- the table isn''t making the stone''s width any greater.

I found this stone for a bit of comparison. However, it does have better percentages than your stone and it has a GIA report (What does this stone have, if anything?), and all of these things affect the price.

It can be difficult to gauge the cut of a princess just based on numbers, but I do worry that your stone''s table is too big and the depth is higher than necessary. There is only one stone listed on the search engine here that is 2 to 2.5 carats and has a depth of over 75 and a table over 85. So I would be wary of a stone with those numbers.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Steve, I don''t know anything about princess cuts. Sorry. If you look up at the top of the screen, you should be able to input the data you have to compare to other diamonds of that shape, size, color, and clarity. That will give you a better idea of whether or not you''re getting a fair deal on the stone you are considering. Bottom line: If you love it, and it''s a fair deal, go for it.

Shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results