shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a nice diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bocephus

Rough_Rock
Hey...long time lurker...first time poster. Since I''m on a budget, I''m looking at some near colorless stones with inclusions in the VS1-S1 range...and came across this one..I''m thinking of a solitaire platinum setting.thoughts?

Carat Weight: 1.526
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Measurements: 7.36x7.41x4.58
Depth: 62.1%
Table: 56%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Girdle: 1.2-1.8
Fluorescence: None
Crown Angle : 34.7°
Crown %: 15.3
Pavillion Angle : 41.0°
Pavillion %: 43.1
Lab Comments: None

appletini

Ideal_Rock
It scored a 2.0 on the Holloway Cut Advisor, which means very good if the price is right. It looks good on paper, with the SI1 clarity, look at the inclusions on the cert and find out if its "eye clean" perhaps see what compariable stones will cost, to make sure the price is right.

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
What is the cost of that ring? That would help people decide if it''s worth it. I am assuming the diamond is round?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
It sounds as if it could be a very nice stone. I would ask the vendor for some pics -- of the inclusions and an idealscope if they can provide one.

bocephus

Rough_Rock
Thanks. It is round. Price looks really good, which is why I''m interested. It''s just under 7K. Trying to attach a pic.

Pic JS1.jpg

JC

Shiny_Rock
bocephus.....

I just spent a good ten minutes looking at this diamond until I felt cross-eyed. I examined the diamond with my naked eye as well as under a 10x jeweler''s loupe. This diamond is completely eye-clean. The inclusions that you see plotted on the AGS report are all white. So there is no black in the diamond. In my opinion it would be near impossible to see these inclusions with your naked eye. I believe that you would need at least a 10x jeweler''s loupe. Unless you have Clark Kent eye-sight (Superman...for all those who didn''t know who Clark Kent was). This is a beautiful diamond. Very brilliant with much sparkle. I also examined the "J" color rating because I know that sometimes can be an issue if you are going with a white gold or platinum setting. The diamond does have a slight tint of yellow when placing it against a solid white background or setting it side-by-side with higher colored stones, but it absolutely faces-up white in appearance. The tint seems to be around the exterior of the diamond which is pretty common with "J" colored diamonds. I believe that a customer could mount this diamond into yellow gold, white gold, or platinum with no problem. Hopefully this helps. I just thought that it would be helpful to gain insight from someone that has actually seen the diamond in question.

9.gif

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
The diamond looks very nice. Try to negotiate the price. I had $700 dollars knocked off my already reasonably priced stone. It is a nice size stone. My new stone is the same size.

Good Luck!

bocephus

Rough_Rock
Thanks Josh...I think I talked to you this AM. I felt the same way...just wanted some confirmation. I''ll likely be calling you shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results