shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good princess cut diamond to buy? And do you recommend buying from DOW?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crashbobbie

Rough_Rock
Hi There,

Thank goodness I found this site! I need some advice on this diamond, what are your thoughts?

Carat weight: 1.09
Measurement: 5.78 - 5.77 x 4.01
Cut* Signature Ideal
Polish: Excellent
Color: D
Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity: SI1
Fluorescence: None
Depth%: 69.5%
Girdle: Medium
Table%: 68%
Culet: None
L/W Ratio: 1.00
Crown Height: 11%

This only comes with a GIA, is that ok?

Do you recommed a online site to purchase in Canada? I was looking at Bluenile and DOW.

Thanks in advance! :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2008 10:51:31 AM
Author:crashbobbie
Hi There,

Thank goodness I found this site! I need some advice on this diamond, what are your thoughts?

Carat weight: 1.09
Measurement: 5.78 - 5.77 x 4.01
Cut* Signature Ideal
Polish: Excellent
Color: D
Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity: SI1
Fluorescence: None
Depth%: 69.5%
Girdle: Medium
Table%: 68%
Culet: None
L/W Ratio: 1.00
Crown Height: 11%

This only comes with a GIA, is that ok?

Do you recommed a online site to purchase in Canada? I was looking at Bluenile and DOW.

Thanks in advance! :)
Welcome!

The trouble is with Princess cuts, that we can't tell anything about the cut quality without detailed photos and aids such as ASET images. It is cut which gives a diamond its beauty and you can't evaluate these shapes by numbers unfortunately. As the diamond is from BN, to the best of my knowledge they won't provide pics or other images. Experts say to look for a diamond which has a smaller table than the depth, but this alone won't get you a beautiful diamond, it is just something to use as a baseline.

GIA reports are good, it can be easier when shopping for a Princess to look for ASG0 cut grade Princess as this can take a lot of the guesswork out of finding a pretty diamond. Also unless you wanted a D colour, you could drop the colour to F G or H and still have a white diamond. As to SI clarity, you would need to check carefully with the vendor if it was eyeclean to your standards.

I am not familiar with Canadian vendors but if you consider buying in the States, look at some vendors who have in house diamonds with the cut analysis done and photos available. Check out these vendors -

www.winkjones.com

www.goodoldgold.com

www.whiteflash.com

icemyster

Shiny_Rock
Hi...just thought I would chime in...Lorelei is right...going strictly off the numbers is tough with princess cuts. Generally speaking, in my experience as a diamond buyer, especially buying a lot before the AGS Ideal Cut standard for princess cuts was out, princess cuts with a depth and table combination like this was generally a stone that I would take a look at.

I looked up the stone on the trade network, and it is listed as available...if you contact one of the PS vendors that call in diamonds for customers...they should be able to get a hold of this diamond and analyze it for you. Then you will know if it is a good stone.

The other options is to shop for an AGS Ideal Princess cut...these can be a little tough to find, and are more expensive, but I am sure that some of the vendors Lorelei listed will be able to help you locate them.

All the best with your search!

VVFF

Rough_Rock
Seeing as this is a signature ideal cut you shouldn't be able to order it in to any other vendor. It is already in house to Blue Nile.

Date: 10/6/2008 11:36:07 AM
Author: icemyster
Hi...just thought I would chime in...Lorelei is right...going strictly off the numbers is tough with princess cuts. Generally speaking, in my experience as a diamond buyer, especially buying a lot before the AGS Ideal Cut standard for princess cuts was out, princess cuts with a depth and table combination like this was generally a stone that I would take a look at.

I looked up the stone on the trade network, and it is listed as available...if you contact one of the PS vendors that call in diamonds for customers...they should be able to get a hold of this diamond and analyze it for you. Then you will know if it is a good stone.

The other options is to shop for an AGS Ideal Princess cut...these can be a little tough to find, and are more expensive, but I am sure that some of the vendors Lorelei listed will be able to help you locate them.

All the best with your search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results