shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond?

TeresaMarie

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone - New to this site, and my first post. Looking at purchasing a diamond with the specs below. There is an overwhelming amount of information on the internet and was hoping to get some opinion on this specific diamond? I also attached the link to which it would be set in.

Carat Weight - 0.72
Colour - I
Clarity - VVS1
Depth % - 62.40
Table % - 53
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Fluorescence - None
L/W/D - 5.77*5.74*3.59
Certificate - GIA
Shape - Round
Cut - True Hearts - Excellent
Girdle - Medium
Cutlet - None
Crown Angle - 34
Crown % - 16
Pavilion Angle - 40.8
Pavilion % - 43

Set in http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/14k-white-gold-pave-halo-engagement-ring-round-center-item-18301

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
may i ask why you're looking for such a high clarity(VVS1)?
you can probably drop down in clarity and bring up the color/size for the same value.

but other than that, excellent performer according to the HCA tool.

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.2 - Excellent within TIC range

post some pictures and ASET i'm sure the experts will chime in soon.

TeresaMarie

Rough_Rock
Hi Dawnxcui, thank you for replying. To be honest, I am really not sure why such a high clarity. I am buying online and was concerned about seeing visible inclusions. On some of the lower clarity grades you could see little markings (using James Allen) – What clarity range would you suggest? And does this impact the sparkle of the diamond at all, if there are small inclusions? I was concerned over the I colour, as it would be set in a halo – maybe I will try and find something in your suggestion range.
I am not sure what ASET is?
ja_-_oct_13.png

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
what you attached is an ASET image, but very tiny so you might want to post a larger one.
you can learn about ASET here: http://goodoldgold.com/Technologies/ReflectorTechnologies/WhatdoReflectorsTeachUs/
ASET is about light return, so how sparkly your diamond will look :)

how about you post your requirements and i'm sure one of the experts will help you pick some good options.

1. Carat range or face up size
2. Color requirement (faces up white? generally if your eye is not too sensitive to color an H should be fine)
3. Cut (very important, if you want it to sparkle go for an ideal cut)
4. Clarity (eye clean? you probably don't need to go to a VVS level, some SI diamonds can be eye clean, make sure you ask the vendor whether the diamond is eye clean or not)
5. Cost (how much you're willing to spend)

good luck!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would drop to vs2 or si1 and up the color.

TeresaMarie

Rough_Rock
Thank you again!  Basically what I am in search for is;
Carat – the largest I can get – that meet all the below qualities
Colour – Preferably not notice any yellow – will be set in a halo, so would like the center stone to look great beside the halo stones
Cut – Absolute most important of the 4c’s. Would sacrifice carat size for more sparkle / fire / brilliance! This is the quality I have havng the most difficulty with because of the overwhelming amount of details to take into account (ie, crown, pavilion, depth, table etc).
Clarity – Definitely eye clean – and not sure if any inclusions would affect the light reflecting back from the diamond?
Cost – $3,500 at the very maximum on the diamond.

Also - better images? heart_-_1.png
heart_-_2_0.png

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
correction. not sure why i keep calling it ASET...i meant idealscope. :oops: :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results