shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
Is this a good diamond to buy? Here are the specs & price:

$8600.00 B&M, includes the band & setting.
1.22 carats
AGS Ideal 000
Table: 55%
Depth: 62.2%
Crown %: 15.8%
Pavillion %: 43.1%
Crown Angle: 35.2 degrees
Pavillion Angle: 40.9 degrees
Girdle: Faceted .7-2.5%
Culet: Pointed
When I ran it on the HCA using the angles I got a score of 2.5. When I used the percents I got a 1.6. Can anyone explain the difference? Also will it greatly impact the visual beauty of the diamond between the 2.5 & 1.6?
BTW I saw this exact same diamond advertised on line for about $1,000.00 less. For me it''s worth paying the higher price at the B&M, hee, hee, for the convenience, lifetime cleaning & inspection svcs, etc. that they offer that I can''t get online.
Thanks for your help!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
BTW I saw this exact same diamond advertised on line for about $1,000.00 less. For me it's worth paying the higher price at the B&M, hee, hee, for the convenience, lifetime cleaning & inspection svcs, etc. that they offer that I can't get online.
Thanks for your help!!----------------

Most, if not all jewelers will clean and inspect your diamond for free regardless if you purchased your stone with their store or not. I always take my pieces to Ben Bridge and they double check the stones under the microscope to be sure they're well set in place and then they clean them. Can't imagine paying an extra 1K for this. JMO (and I DID do this once before. . .bought my first stone and paid the premium. . .it's not worth it. . .take your $1,000 and buy a cute pair of diamond stud earrings
2.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results