shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this 1.7 GIA eye clean SI1 H with Strong Blue beautiful?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond911

Rough_Rock
Hi

I am new and terrified to pull the trigger after reading PS for 7 days...wanted to ask an expert opinion on this diamond- will it be white and beautiful? I usually like a G color but this is an H with Flor in Strong Blue? Does anyone have similar color with strong blue with pictures that they can post for me or a similar cut with advice?

Depth = 62.4
Table = 56
Pavilion angle = 41.0
Crown angle = 34.5
Pavilion depth = 43.5%
Crown height = 15.0%
Girdle = medium to slightly thick faceted
Symmetry = EX
Polish = EX
Cutlet = None
Fluorescence = Strong Blue
Measurements = 7.6 x 7.6 x 4.75 (1.7 Carat)
Clarity Characteristics = Crystal, Feather, off table centre and " pinpoints are not shown"

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 8:29:17 AM
Author:diamond911
Hi

I am new and terrified to pull the trigger after reading PS for 7 days...wanted to ask an expert opinion on this diamond- will it be white and beautiful? I usually like a G color but this is an H with Flor in Strong Blue? Does anyone have similar color with strong blue with pictures that they can post for me or a similar cut with advice?

Depth = 62.4
Table = 56
Pavilion angle = 41.0
Crown angle = 34.5
Pavilion depth = 43.5%
Crown height = 15.0%
Girdle = medium to slightly thick faceted
Symmetry = EX
Polish = EX
Cutlet = None
Fluorescence = Strong Blue
Measurements = 7.6 x 7.6 x 4.75 (1.7 Carat)
Clarity Characteristics = Crystal, Feather, off table centre and ' pinpoints are not shown'
Hi diamond911

The diamond has potential but it would be best to get an Idealscope image in order to check it out properly, can the vendor supply one of these images? Check also it is eyeclean to your specifications, or have you seen the diamond in person? I think SB fluorescence is a nice feature of an H colour, again check with the vendor or a trusted expert whether the fluorescence is making the diamond look cloudy in some lights, this is unusual but best to check.

diamond911

Rough_Rock
Can anyone else comment on these numbers- will it have fire ?(even with fluorescence). Does anyone have an H with Strong Blue- can you post a picture to ease my mind? I am supposed to buy it today but have only one comment about the quality.

Thanks a bunch!

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers look promising, it should have a good balance of performance. Fire is difficult to predict from numbers, but looks promising with the high crown. But note that the numbers are averaged from 8 facets and then rounded by GIA, so it is not as useful as an idealscope image.

Ditto Lorelei on the fluor.

diamond911

Rough_Rock
Thanks Stone Cold- I was hoping that you would chime in. Glad to hear about the crown angle not being an issue and that it is balanced- that''s what I''m going for. I''m both nervous and excited about the fluorescence- the vendor mentioned that it is well cut and doesn''t show any blue and just looks whiter than a regular H. I was hoping that someone would post a picture of an H with flr outdoors because based on what I read, they turn blueish....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
numbers look nice
1.gif

you may want to start a new thread asking to see an H w/ SB.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results