shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the basket crooked or is the ring not exactly round?

Scooba116

Rough_Rock
My ring has been remade before, but it still does not look right to me. I set it on this lined notebook paper just to provide some reference. I'm having trouble articulating the problem from this view. Do you think the basket is not set straight or is the ring just not exactly round?

It's must clearer when the ring is straight up and down but I can't figure out how to rotate the picture back.

_23251.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rotated it Scooba - not sure, maybe the basket is the slightest bit crooked? Or maybe one prong is higher than the other -Is it noticeable to you IRL as you're wearing it?

_23255.jpg

Scooba116

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Junebug! I tried everything and even searched for instructions.

It is noticeable to me but it seems more like the gaps under the baguettes are what's noticeable. It's also crooked on one side and one of the prongs looks like it's off center or too short or hanging off the edge so I sent it in for repairs and I just want to be able to effectively communicate the problem if clarification is needed.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1413408415|3767572 said:
I rotated it Scooba - not sure, maybe the basket is the slightest bit crooked? Or maybe one prong is higher than the other -Is it noticeable to you IRL as you're wearing it?

The prong on the right is off.

Scooba116

Rough_Rock
Thanks NonieMarie, I think you're right, but I still think there's something more. Anyone else?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like at least one prong is lower, and the basket as a result seems lower/slanted.

Scooba116

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all the replies. I am happy to know that it's not just me who sees this!

I also feel like the baguette does not line up with the center diamond. This has been an issue that has been fixed twice and although it's better than it was, I'm still not happy with it. Am I being too picky or would this bother you too?

And it seems to me like the prong in the upper left does not come far enough on to the diamond and it is not at the same angle as the other prongs. It almost looks like it's hanging off the edge. Maybe that's the one that is too short?

_23341.jpg

_469.png

_23342.jpg

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We can't tell you if you're being too picky. It's your ring. If it's already been remade several times and you still aren't satisfied, take it to a more competent jeweler.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think of this as too picky. I think of this as "it wasn't made correctly, nor was it made to your specifications." It seems like they're not capable of doing it well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results