shape
carat
color
clarity

IS arrived, stone arrived too: 2.01F VS2 XXX (1.2TIC). Have a peek?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gd412

Rough_Rock
First, I happy that my IdealScope arrived quickly and that it is very easy to use.

My stone arrived today, so I got the two together for a little party.

Cut and paste from the GIA report:

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 8.07 - 8.12 x 4.99 mm

Carat Weight: 2.01 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent

Proportions:
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 34.0°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 45%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (3.5%)
Culet: None

Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Additional pinpoints are not shown.
Additional Inscription: H&A

Then there is my IS photo. This is me holding the tweezers and a piece of paper in one hand up to a light, the IS and my _cellphone camera_ in the other. Somehow I managed to press the shutter button.

So, I think all the the hard work and research here has paid off. My photo is horrible, but I think it passes. Comments?

This was a 1.1 TIC

The girdle is thicker than some, but to the eye it looks great.

With a 10X I can see the cloud that rendered this a VS2. I would love to move it 1mm over and make it a VS1. I absolutely cannot find it or any defect to the naked eye. In the loop, the cut looks great.

IMAG0081.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks good
congrates!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2009 12:58:28 AM
Author: strmrdr
looks good
congrates!
Kicken!!! Congrates - to use a bit of strmeze!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Nice IS! And your photography skills are better than some of the vendors''!

tulips

Shiny_Rock
congratulation! good find... i am still finding mine...(already for few weeks...)

gd412

Rough_Rock
36.gif

I am soo happy! I seriously read and researched here for over one year.

I REALLY should have just bought the IS as my first step, and headed out to some local shops to educate myself.

I was worried that I would not know how to use it, or how to interpret the results. I feel lucky that the numbers supplied by this fine forum directed me to a stone that performs in real life as it does on paper. I guess I am saying that I am lucky my stone looked like the ''ideal'' image on the IS box, so I did not have to put much additional thought into it. But, wow, I read some of the comments from advanced rocketeers on the forum and I still wonder if I am missing small details. I was very very happy to get some support from all of you!

So... I will buy the stone. Anyone care to estimate what such a stone should cost? I''m wiring the money today regardless because I think I have the right price -- but some additional validation would help me sleep better at night.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome, congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results