shape
carat
color
clarity

Internally Flawless Price Premium?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jplouis

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at buying a Royal Asscher and it is GIA graded 1.11ct H IF EX Polish and VG symmetry. My question is how much of a premium, maybe in %, should and IF stone have lets say in comparison to a VS2 or VS1 all else being equal?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure the experts would know better than I, but my thought is that there are too many factors in real-life stones that it''d be hard to determine what the price difference is between IF and VS if everything else is exactly the same, especially if you are talked about the branded name Royal Asscher. Are there that many of them floating around to be able to accurately figure out a price difference?

Someone might have an answer, but not me. Sorry.
1.gif

kcgunesq

Shiny_Rock
You can use the "prices" tab above, selecting "price stats". But the picture below shows the huge premium for a D-IF EC.

Interestingly, while there is a premium for H color, there is a deviation for G color. The biggest premium seems to be for the combination of D and IF, but If does generally cost a premium.

Difpremium.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2008 9:22:30 PM
Author: jplouis
Thanks, I hadn''t seen that chart.
If you are buying a brand-name stone, it''s entirely possible (indeed, probable?) that there''s a higher mark-up on the stones you are considering than with generic stones like on that chart. But if all you wanted was a general idea, that should do you.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results