shape
carat
color
clarity

Insuring loose diamond - help please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Hiya,
I apologize if a similar topic has been posted before but I couldn''t seen to find it easily.
I have decided to upgrade (again! much to hubbie''s despair) and once again, I am unable to use my beloved setting, the Vatche RC which housed a 1.5 and now a 2 carat. However, I''ve seen soooo many drool worthy settings lately..thanks Reena!!, that I am mostly likely going to go the custom route this time.
Here is my question: Since the setting may not be completed for several weeks, how do I insure the loose stone in the meanwhile? Also, how do I ensure that it is insured while it is being set, in case of damage,etc? I currently have Jewelers mutual and they do not insure loose stones..advice would be sooooo appreicated! Thanks!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
i know that chubb will because i did it, maybe check with them.
1.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Reena, John for your replies..So I guess the best way to find a insurer who will do this. I'll try Chubb.
So does this cover damage to the stone during the setting process?
Reena, your avatar is so funny! I love it!!

reena

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 9/23/2004 3:53:37 PM slammie wrote:

So does this cover damage to the stone during the setting process?
----------------

Now that is a good question actually. My jeweler warned me that most jewelry insurance did NOT cover the stone during the setting process, but looking at the exclusions in my Chubb policy (there are very few and generally involve apocalyptic events like a nuclear holocost) it would seem that damage during setting IS covered. (Considering what I'm paying those people per year, it had BETTER be!) Does anyone else here know?

You may want to just double-check with the agent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results