shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

motcs

Rough_Rock
After I buy an engagement ring for my girlfriend, I''d like to have it insured, but I had a few questions I was hoping some of you might be able to help me with:

1. Do I need to buy the insurance in her name, since she''ll (hopefully)
rolleyes.gif
be the owner of the ring soon?

2. Will the fact that her current residence is out of state (she''s going to school) factor into whom I can purchase insurance from? She''s in Florida and I''m in California.

Any feedback on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id find a Chubb agent, near you is fine. Chubb is national. Id put it in her name, mine is in my name. Be sure you don't underinsure her.

cowboy

Rough_Rock
Hi, Terry:

I'm about to insure an engagement ring, and, after countless recommendations, I've opted to go with Jeweler's Mutual. If you decide on Jeweler's Mutual, here's what you need to know:

As the primary applicant, the policy will be in your name, and you'll be responsible for paying the annual premium. But, you should list your fiancee as the co-applicant, since the item will be in her possession. Jeweler's Mutual offers national coverage, so it won't be problem that you're on one coast and she's on the other. The premium is based on your fiancee's address, so you won't have to pay California prices.

You'll need a copy of a current appraisal of the item (no more than six months old, signed by a Graduate Gemologist, I think), and you'll need to know your fiancee's Social Security number for the application.

I like Jeweler's Mutual because its policies cover all kinds of loss -- even mysterious disappearance. Jeweler's Mutual will replace the item with one of similar kind and quality, up to the appraisal value. The great part is that you'll be able to pick which jeweler you want to work with to obtain the replacement...meaning you can return to the jeweler from whom you purchased the original item.

You can download an application form at the Jeweler's Mutual website: http://www.jewelersmutual.com.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results