shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance Chubb v. Jewelers Mutual

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondgrrl

Rough_Rock
I live in Maryland.

Called several Chubb agents this morning and each one of them, in addition to being rude, told me that Chubb only does "add on" policies to homeowners.

Is this true?

I was thinking about going w/ Jewelers Mutual...any thoughts?

Thanks!

trid316

Rough_Rock
I went w/ Jewelers Mutual. From what the Jewelery store told me about JM, you pay about $1 to the $100 of the appraisal value of the ring, and it has NOTHING to do w/ your homeowner''s. For example, $5,000 is $50 a year, but depends on your state of residence. And that covers against loss, theft, damage, and even some mysterious misplacement clause. But yeah, look into JM, I think they''re the way to go. It''s pretty reasonable price, for the investment made! Also, per the Jewelery store, there have been many of their customers that have applauded the services provided by JM when they filed a claim. Check it out on their website.

skimmy

Rough_Rock
i have a stand-alone chubb policy...
and i went with them for purely economic reasons. my premium was WAY more with JM than with chubb...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Before someone mentions Dave Stone again (I called him, I agree, a very nice guy), he does only represent he's licensed for 1/2 the country, and to the best of my knowledge, Maryland (where I live, too), is not one of them.

I was also directed to a PLR (?) firm (there is a connection, though I'm probably butchering it), who I think called me back, and said no.

The variability of Chubb being willing to insure or not is something someone who has the time and interest should litigate about. Altogether too much variation in the insurance industry on these things.

My previous rant....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results