shape
carat
color
clarity

Input needed on a diamond with External Inclusions (D) Natural VVS2 round diamond How bad are the

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rte

Rough_Rock
I am slightly interested in a Round stone about 1.20ct curently in a 6 prong solitaire ring
( 6.86 X 6.85 X depth 4.1mm ) that I would re-set into a channel setting ring so the External Inclusions would not show.
VVS2 Clarity
H color
Girdle thin, rough
Symmetry Good
Polish Very Good
NO Enhancements

Has 2 External Inclusions at 12 and about 1 o:clock.......50+ year old stone.

(External Inclusions) How bad are they really??

An insurance appraisal shows the diamond and white gold solitaire ring valued at $11,000 in 2005

Thanks for the input.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Without seeing images of the diamond, or a copy of the report it''s impossible to tell.

Are the ''external inclusions'' chips (perhaps on the girdle)? Or, could they be indented naturals, which seem to be quite common on antique stones, often making them not-quite-round in shape?

Can the inclusions be seen at the moment, the way the diamond is already set?

Any more information or images would help enormously. :)

x x x

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Assuming that the stone is actually a VVS2, the inclusions will not show to the eye regardless of where they are placed in the mounting.

You do not say if the diamond has a grading report or just the seller''s appraisal, so it is impossible to say if it is truly a VVS2, but if it is, the external inclusions (strange term) are not a problem as they are VERY tiny.

A natural, which is what I think you are referring to is simply a piece of the diamonds original skin or rind that was not polished away during the cutting process.

Wink

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2008 5:04:47 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

That is from an appraisal - not a grading report.Find your own appraiser - there are some good ones in the resources section - top right

HI:

Agreed. It is prudent to have the ring evaluated by another who has nothing invested in selling an item to you--notwithstanding you''ll want to corraborate whether the variables such as clarity and color are as purported. (VVS stones carry a preminum)

cheers--Sharon

rte

Rough_Rock
Thanks all,
I do have a copy that was emailed to me with a plot mapping?
Looks to be Natural inclusions in the girdle area
In contacting the seller (the ring has been in the family for 50+ years)

The ring was insurance appraised by a GIA gemologist (Anastasia Davis) in 2005

Seller might be willing to send the ring out for a full GIA report (on my dime)

New day, something new to learn
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2008 9:56:22 AM
Author: rte
Thanks all,
I do have a copy that was emailed to me with a plot mapping?
Looks to be Natural inclusions in the girdle area
In contacting the seller (the ring has been in the family for 50+ years)
Might be willing to send the ring out for a GIA report (on my dime)

New day, something new to learn
34.gif
HI:

The stone would have to be taken out of its setting to be evaluated by GIA (aka sent "loose").

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results