shape
carat
color
clarity

information overload!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
so after reading everything i could on here and other websites about choosing the best stone for my ff i pretty much threw all that knowledge out the door once i narrowed down my choices. i read post after post about how people will only choose a stone with a certain table percentage or a certain girdle etc, ect. so i guess my question is... if you are only buying the stone for yourself (not for investment porpuses) then who cares about all those details?
im just wondering if im the only one who thinks this way, the way i made my big purchase was something like this...

i found the grade of color that was least noticable to "my eyes" (g)
then went from the bottom of the clarity scale till "i" could not see anything unsettling (vs2)
then i pretty much narrowed down the size i wanted then just looked at each and i picked which was the brightest/most sparkle in different lighting conditions

maybe you guys taught me so much that i just said heck with it all! lol

opinions... or did i just lose my mind?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2008 7:44:18 PM
Author:MikeRato1

im just wondering if im the only one who thinks this way, the way i made my big purchase was something like this...

i found the grade of color that was least noticable to ''my eyes'' (g)

then went from the bottom of the clarity scale till ''i'' could not see anything unsettling (vs2)

then i pretty much narrowed down the size i wanted then just looked at each and i picked which was the brightest/most sparkle in different lighting conditions

maybe you guys taught me so much that i just said heck with it all! lol

opinions... or did i just lose my mind?

Maybe a bit of both.

There are certain depth and table percentage that are more likely to have a better light return therefore looking more sparkly and fiery. If a stone is too deep it won''t return as much light cutting down on the sparkle factor and looking smaller for it''s size. If a stone is too shallow, well, you know, you''ve read.

The knowledge is also about choosing a vendor who will be honest with you. I think this is more important, far above the whole "cut is king" motto.

Only you know what''s right for you and I''m glad that you found something that you like. That''s what ultimately matters, the numbers are just there to give you a better chance and to help you understand what you are truly looking at for the amount of money you''re willing to spend.

Now, the important bit, where are your photos?!
2.gif

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
hahah thanks addy.
the ring is still being made, i bought it on february 18th so it should be done really soon
dont worry ill post pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results