shape
carat
color
clarity

Info on Hope cut squarish diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stubles

Rough_Rock
Several posts dated 2004 reference a square shaped "Hope" cut. I was not able to find more information on this cut. If you have infomration on what this is, can you please share?

Thanks!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 9:38:58 PM
Author:stubles
Several posts dated 2004 reference a square shaped ''Hope'' cut. I was not able to find more information on this cut. If you have infomration on what this is, can you please share?

Thanks!!
like the hope diamond? it''s an old mine cut/ cushion cut

stubles

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks for your responses!

The hope round diamond looks interesting... the posts had suggested that there was a "Hope" square shaped cut.. perhaps the OP was suggesting what later became known as the asscher?

The post caught my eye b/c I''m basically seeking alternative options of the Jubilee since it''s no longer available. I am aware of the Regent, Lucida, Lucere, Square H&A, Dream and Cushion cuts and was wondering if there were any other branded square cuts out there... and found an old post mentioning a square shaped "hope" cut.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
I may have completely made this up, but for some reason, I thought that GOG was toying with calling its Square Hearts & Arrows diamonds "Hope" at one time. Did I dream that? Maybe someone else will chime in...

Good luck with your search! :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stubles,
Yes, the "Hope" cut diamond you are most likely referring to is GOG's Square H&A. When they first came out in 2004, GOG did not yet have a name and most posters on Pricescope called it the Hope cut as that was rumoured to be it's new name. Only later did GOG officially name it the Square H&A.

On a side note, I can't wait for the Jubilees to be cut again. I want to upgrade my stone with GOG.
11.gif

stubles

Rough_Rock
Ah.... that could explain why I haven''t been able to find more info on the cut if it is indeed the Sq H&A cut.

Re: the Jubilee, I called the manufacturer and he (cary) said that he is not sure when and if they will be cutting the stones again due to legal matters...

I think this happened to the Queen of Hearts too, which is the predecessor to the Jubilee, so maybe they would come out with a new cut that would be the successor for the Jubilee?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results