shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were to upgrade your E-ring ...

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just recently traded down in size, and will use my new stone in a 3 stone ring (3.6ctw+, so not tiny, but not as large as it would have been had I used my previous stone).

On the other hand, I'd like a very warm (N-P) colored, very clean (VSI or above) AVC. Big. Very big.

If I could just have one....I don't know. The truth is that nothing really rolls my socks up and down these days. Over the years I think my love for jewelry has tamed considerably. My passion for vacations, on the other hand, is right up there! So possibly, I'd skip the ring altogether and get a combined wedding/engagement ring at around the 5-6k mark and call it a day.

I've always loved this band:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP01548&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+288152-s+5-r+-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+1871+6&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

So for me, an 'upgrade' might actually be into something else.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just because :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
When I upgrade it will just be to a larger stone - currently have an RB Ideal 1.15ct, would love a 2.3 to 2.6ct in a simple Tiffany setting. DH and I were shopping and I tried on a 3.2 carat, beautiful as it was, it was just too big for everyday - he wanted me to have it but I will keep searching for the right one. Hopefully I haven't missed the boat :bigsmile: I would go 3 to 4 carat for emerald cut or pear though, "Just saying" :wavey:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I'd keep the same setting, but have at least a 2.5 ct stone with higher color and smaller table.

Wednesday

Rough_Rock
I could never give up my ring, but if I were to get a new one, I have a few ideas. The most ambitious involves a larger, different shape: a nice-sized, colorless, beautifully cut emerald cut. Maybe with some side baguettes.

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
I would go bigger, lower color OMB or cushion with a simpler design. I have a bit over a carat vs1, e cushion.set in a custom platinum ERD halo. I want a 2 carat+ L or M OMB, oec, or pillowy cushion,

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
A) higher color B) slightly different faceting

I had a gorgeous 4 carat true antique cushion that ended up being GIA K (EGL J). I wanted a more flowery faceting pattern in a GIA I or higher color. However, it seems that finding a cushion like that is worse than trying to find a needle in a haystack so I am pursuing an OEC now :) If an antique cushion comes along like the one I've described, I'd snatch it up as I know not to miss another missed opportunity.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I love my stone! However if I could find another true antique cushion with the same faceting that was slightly higher color I wouldn't mind. I am happy with what we paid though so I don't think that will ever happen within budget. Like ROL I know antique cushions are getting ridiculously hard to find anymore!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bigger size - I would love a bigger stone, right now it's a 1.64
AVR - my first engagement ring was a family stone - an OEC - the rainbow colors I miss soooo much.
I would like a setting like the Evelyn solitaire VC setting, flush. love this setting, it's my dream setting
Lighter color - right now I have a 'H' color, would love an 'F' or 'G' just for fun

Dancing Fire|1416935200|3790272 said:
What would be the reason(s)?

bigger size? higher clarity? higher color? different shape? better cut?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Bigger size! I might go to higher colour, I have an I/J and an F/G would be nice.

I don't think I could change my setting, I still love it so much.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My "holy grail" would be an eye-clean G/H 10mm+ MRB/trannie in a classic six prong knife edge setting... until I got sick of it, and wanted something else! HA! :naughty: ;)) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bigger stones. But mine are bezeled so I'd have to have the setting redone. And that was spendy in the first place, I don't want to redo that again.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I doubt I could ever do it but the only reason would be bigger, mine isn't big but it is very pretty!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I feel so lucky to be able to say this - I adore my sapphire three stone and wouldn't ever want to change a thing about it. But I'd love a 2.5 ct+ antique diamond in a really special setting too. :naughty:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I don't think I will upgrade my diamond, I love my OEC-the size, cut, clarity(eyeclean), and color all make me happy. That being said, if I HAD to pick something to upgrade, I would go a little higher in color. My OEC is an M, I wouldn't mind something closer to a K, still warm but a little bit whiter.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Been thinking about this for over a year now.

If I do upgrade, I'd go from a 2.52ct G VS2 round, to a 2.25ct E VS2 round. So I'd go smaller but colorless.
I'm not that much of a size girl and I've know for years I prefer colorless, so an E would be my ideal.

One day I'll get around to finally doing it.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Um, size.

I could go down in color but I'd love me a bigger stone. :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results