shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could get this used e-ring for half price...

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Would you buy it?

Classic 4 prong solitaire, 18k WG, platinum prongs

Diamond stats:
AGS Ideal (from 2003)
H
VS2

HCA performance: Very good for everything

If I bought this ring new, it would cost over double.

So, is it a good buy?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What's the asking price? Half off could be anything. Appraised value, retail, sale price.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
If I bought the exact same setting with the same stone from the same online vendor. ;-)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Depends on the price. You could have originally overpaid. Since you don't have much need for an identical ring I suspect the only valuable part is the stone. A couple hundred dollars?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lol there are many over priced rings out there, so that doesn't help.

If it were me, I wouldn't pay more then 450 for the information you provided for a USED ring.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Orchid Lei|1292005336|2793379 said:
I'm the one looking to buy this ring. It's 400$.

Then yes, it's not a bad deal. But always haggle on used goods.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Why do you want a duplicate ring? You could get a beautiful new stone for $400. Are you thinking you could sell the second ring for more than you buy it for?

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
I think I didn't make myself clear, I don't have a ring like this! I'm just looking to buy this one, only if it's a good deal.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
You have the angles from the AGS report? I didn't know they supplied angles on their reports in 2003. When you used the HCA what number did it come up with? Is this a used ring? And does the owner have an actual AGS report?

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
swingirl|1292012028|2793518 said:
You have the angles from the AGS report? I didn't know they supplied angles on their reports in 2003. When you used the HCA what number did it come up with? Is this a used ring? And does the owner have an actual AGS report?

The owner has the actual AGS report and the angles were supplied. The HCA gave 2.6.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My take on it-if you have the money to burn and spending it isn't a big deal or hardship for you...and if you want it, then yes I would buy it. You wouldn't be able to buy this from an online vendor with setting for 400.

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
Is this to replace your current 1/3 carat, as discussed in your other thread?

I think it's a great deal, and you should get it. Me personally, money is dear right now and if I could get an upgrade (to my liking) for $400, I'd do it.

Oh, and haggle. If the seller will not move on the price, make them pay for a new appraisal from an appraiser of your choosing.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
antelope1|1292017419|2793629 said:

I think it's a great deal, and you should get it. Me personally, money is dear right now and if I could get an upgrade (to my liking) for $400, I'd do it.

Oh, and haggle. If the seller will not move on the price, make them pay for a new appraisal from an appraiser of your choosing.

It would be to replace my current 1/3 carat set in a setting I don't like anymore (the messed up version of my avatar).

But I think I'm going to pass on it... I'm one of those poor PSers with a tiny jewelry budget, so it's not like that 400$ is really disposable money!

Instead I'm going to save up for an eventual upgrade to a half carat. I know that's very small by PS standards, but I have small fingers (3.75) so I get good coverage easily and for my area, 0.50 is a very nice size! Most people I know have miniscule terrible diamonds or none at all.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Since you're going to pass on it, is it at an online vendor? I might be interested.

stci

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if I'm autorize to say that but I know a person who have actually the most beautiful OEC .50 or .55 for $350. Really gorgeous stone!

ChloeLe

Rough_Rock
stci|1292035403|2793928 said:
I don't know if I'm autorize to say that but I know a person who have actually the most beautiful OEC .50 or .55 for $350. Really gorgeous stone!
I want to know that person!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I didn't reply sooner! It was an ebay auction that ended Friday evening. The ring sold for 410$.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your idea of waiting and saving for a bigger upgrade. It may seem hard now to live with a setting you don't love, but think- if you want just a little longer- you will be able to get yourself and even bigger upgrade.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Orchid Lei|1292021797|2793717 said:
antelope1|1292017419|2793629 said:

It would be to replace my current 1/3 carat set in a setting I don't like anymore (the messed up version of my avatar).

But I think I'm going to pass on it... I'm one of those poor PSers with a tiny jewelry budget, so it's not like that 400$ is really disposable money!

Instead I'm going to save up for an eventual upgrade to a half carat. I know that's very small by PS standards, but I have small fingers (3.75) so I get good coverage easily and for my area, 0.50 is a very nice size! Most people I know have miniscule terrible diamonds or none at all.

.50 is nice. You can always go slightly under the 1/2 ct mark and save quite a bit of $ and/or go for higher color/clarity in that .45-.49 mark. (that's what I did with my earrings ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results