shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ Selection vs PS Quality Stones

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Is there enough of a difference to make the price differential worth it? I'm thinking about a 5-stone band, between 1 and 1.25 ctw.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whats the price difference? I would want PS quality stones.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I don't remember exactly because I got the quote a while ago. I think it was $1200 for non-PS stones, and $500 more for PS stones for the 1ctw band, plus sales tax, unless I can have it delivered to a friend in NJ.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does IDJ tell you exactly what "PS quality " stones actually are?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is worth it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd want more specific than "PS quality stones". You need to specify the cut (excellent/ideal), color, and clarity. In the past, people have sometimes been unhappy even with the PS quality due to there being visible inclusions. I'd be asking for VS clarity, personally, so I didn't have to worry about visible inclusions.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a PS quality 5-stone. I love it. I did get to see it in person, as I was able to drop by back in the day with a job in the city. Do take diamondseeker's suggestion and clarify what exactly PS quality means to them, and see if it jives with your expectations.

If you opt to ship to NJ, I suggest the fedex in edgewater - linwood plaza. Then from there take a drive to the japanese market Mitsuwa - lots of fun, AWESOME ramen - I heart the miso ramen, hit up some hard or soft serve green tea ice cream, pick up some croissant-like "bologna" bread from the bakery, walk around the clean, bright and lovely grocery section of the market. And if Mitsuwa has a packed lot, the next shopping center down with the Trader Joe's is walking distance. LOVE the place! :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1411434146|3755531 said:
I'd want more specific than "PS quality stones". You need to specify the cut (excellent/ideal), color, and clarity. In the past, people have sometimes been unhappy even with the PS quality due to there being visible inclusions. I'd be asking for VS clarity, personally, so I didn't have to worry about visible inclusions.

Very true.

I'd want excellent cut F/G VS melee personally. And I'd want it in writing.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1411435858|3755542 said:
I have a PS quality 5-stone. I love it. I did get to see it in person, as I was able to drop by back in the day with a job in the city. Do take diamondseeker's suggestion and clarify what exactly PS quality means to them, and see if it jives with your expectations.

If you opt to ship to NJ, I suggest the fedex in edgewater - linwood plaza. Then from there take a drive to the japanese market Mitsuwa - lots of fun, AWESOME ramen - I heart the miso ramen, hit up some hard or soft serve green tea ice cream, pick up some croissant-like "bologna" bread from the bakery, walk around the clean, bright and lovely grocery section of the market. And if Mitsuwa has a packed lot, the next shopping center down with the Trader Joe's is walking distance. LOVE the place! :love:

Thank you for the scoop!!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1411439879|3755570 said:
diamondseeker2006|1411434146|3755531 said:

Very true.

I'd want excellent cut F/G VS melee personally. And I'd want it in writing.

Will do - if this project ever gets done. Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results