shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal table, cut, depth....etc and opinion of a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iahawk

Rough_Rock
I am looking at diamonds on a store''s website and I want to know if this is a good diamond. What are the most ideal ''measurements'' of a diamond. Here is an example of what I am looking at getting: Is this a good deal or a good stone ??????????

Borsheim''s Price $10,930.00
VTI0002867
Report Information
Shape: Round
Weight: 1.58ct
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Laboratory: GIA
Report Number: 15800737
Table: 59%
Depth: 62.3%
Measurements: 7.40x7.44x4.62
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the most important measurements are going to be the crown/pavilion angle. the depth and table only tell a small part of the story and can only be helpful in a very general sense.
you can use the ''pricescope your diamond'' search above to check on prices of diamonds with similar measurements to get an idea of what you should be paying.

go cyclones!

JUST KIDDING!!
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you are looking at rounds, here's the recommended range that most likely will do well on the HCA:

table 54-57%
depth 60-62%
crown angle 34-35
pavilion angle 40.7 to 41
polish and symmetry should be at least very good to excellent

Once you have all the cut infomation, you can plug in the numbers here:
https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

Since you are also looking at an SI stone, I'd be careful to make sure that it is indeed eye clean from the top. Not all SI2s are eye clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results