shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Scope easy to use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Still agonizing between two round diamonds, and wonder if my turmoil could be resolved by the purchase of an Ideal Scope. If I ordered one and had it sent FedEx I could take it with me next week to examine both of my stone choices again and hopefully KNOW which is the right choice. However, would I, a novice, be able to use it properly enough to see any leakage? Or is this something that takes skill and practice to use accurately? I don''t mind the cost of buying and shipping a scope, but if I do that only to find that it''s worthless to me, I''ll be in the same boat I''m in now. Does anyone know how "user friendly" these scopes are? Can I comfortably use it at the jeweler''s store, or do I need to set up an area with special lighting, too?
Sue

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The use of the scope is easy and does not require special lighting to use as a comparision tool. However, if you have not used one a little, it may seem less than "easy" to get used to holding a diamond in a tweezers, putting the i-S in position and then finding the right spot where you get a correct image. Ideal cut stones stand out with this device as being well cut, but less well cut stones don''t give you an immediate result. You need to be sure you are using the tool corretly before you infer a diamond is poorly cut.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a novice and it''s totally easy. What makes it easy tho is I shelled out for the calibration CZ. Let me practive before moving on to the real stuff.

Ok, to be honest, I went nuts and bought the light viewer thing (has holes to put the diamonds properly) and stuff too. But, I''ve used just the I-S by itself and it''s still quite easy to use.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, from my personal experience, the Ideal Light really cuts down on the guess-work and headache that comes from just using the (expert) Idealscope by itself. Otherwise, I still struggle to get the correct light even with my own well-cut stone. My 2cents.
5.gif

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Wow! It''s easy to see how this can turn into a full-fledged hobby or maybe even obsession! I used to always think the glory came in OWNING the diamond, but now I''m finding that CHOOSING the right one is half the fun, and we even get to buy "toys" to go along with this. I LOVE toys!

Thanks for the suggestions.
Sue

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, you will soon learn that resistance is futile!
31.gif
11.gif
Welcome to the club hun!!
5.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
certainly its easy to use.

i recently got the pro ideal scope, feeling the difference between the beginner 6x mag scope and the 10x mag pro scope was worth the extra outlay

i''d also picked up a H&A viewer, and both the IS and H&A came with calibration CZ stones, the H&A came with 2 - an ideal cut and a ''commercial'' cut - very easy to tell the difference. even now i can tell the difference between all 3 stones - even tho 2 are supposed to be identical Idea H&A cut stones.. there are just slight differences in the hearts image i can pick out.

Which is fun. :)

certainly for me its becoming a fun hobby - tho you have to learn tacked.. iv had my mother and sis both give me their rings for me too look at - and haveing to bite my tounge when looking at my sis'' - my mums i could see good symetry and good light return (even little arrows, tho the diamond is about 25points or less,) while my sis where expensive - about 2 30point diamonds and 2 15 points - where very poor on light and symetry - and quite noticable (or maybe i was gettin too big for my boots lol), but had to fudge my answer... so as not to hurt her or her hubbys feelings

aaaaaannnny way.

get the toys :)

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
This is bad. After getting the Ideal-Scope and accessories (the light, tweezer set, etc.), I''m now looking at other toys. Loupes, steam cleaners, etc. This better stop! It''s not even my diamond.
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results