shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Cut for pendants?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
The IS looks very nice. Is WF going to give you a comparable shot of the K? The J is more money, but it is a larger diameter. If you can swing the extra money, I would probably go with the SI1 J.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure. I had orignally asked for that picture on Wed or Thursday of last week. Then I noticed two other stones that I liked. So we will see. Hopefully I will get more pictures, but if not I wil survive. I read somewhere on PS that any diffrence less the .1mm the eye cannot see. I am trying to decided about the color. I know J is fine, but K...
I will post any updates after I get an email back from Lesley or a phone call.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Miss Harris sent me an email saying the better choice was the K/ VS1. I am very excited. I asked if I could have photos so I can focus on those until the pendent gets here.
9.gif

Info Here:
Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.738
Color: K
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 60.5
Table: 56.8
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.1
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.87-5.89X3.56

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2005 3:23:15 PM
Author: Matatora

I asked if I could have photos so I can focus on those until the pendent gets here.
Right!

What will the piece be like?
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUM I can''t wait to see it!!! You''ll own the first K ES that WF stocked and sold!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it either, sounds beautiful.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The pedant will be a four prong basket, attached to the chain so it will be stationary. The length will be 15 inches and have a lobster claw clasp. I am quite excited!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A lower clarity = bigger size combination could be more apprpriate because you will not even be able to see the inclusions and no one else can either at a sociable distance.

Pity you wont try a pendant / earring cut Mata

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh matatora, i just *love* the size you choose
3.gif
it''s perfect! i hope you will be posting pics!
20.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I cannot wait to see a K in "real" life. Nan''s K is so gorgeous and white at 2 cts that I cannot imagine yours looking any less spectacular. Like you said in another thread, winter white is lovely. Congrats on finding this one. Please post whatever pics they send.

shay

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2005 6:05:55 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
A lower clarity = bigger size combination could be more apprpriate because you will not even be able to see the inclusions and no one else can either at a sociable distance.

Pity you wont try a pendant / earring cut Mata
I would have been happy to, if there had been one available. But as others pointed out there did not appear to be any.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Belle and Shay I will post pictures as soon as I have any. Right now all I have is the numbers. As soon as I have it, it will be here on PS, promise.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora, I''m so excited for you! How long will it take to make your pendant? We''re gonna get our new bling at around the same time--yours probably much sooner though! You must be very petite to be able to wear a 15 inch! My necklace was originally made to be 15 inch but I had GOG add another inch so I could have some play with it and I''m glad I did. I''m looking forward to seeing pictures!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Petite! LOL....I wish. I am a, uh, pleasently plump. There are photos of me in the LIW threads. I just guess what size I would want, if it is too small I can get is sized. I remember reading about your ring upgrade from GOG, are you getting a necklace as well? Where is the thread on that?

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
If you''re unsure, you can have them add a jump ring at 15 and 16 inch so it''s adjustable and you can change it up whenever you feel like it. I actually got my diamond pendant a year ago, as a 3rd anniversary gift from my sweetie. It''s doesn''t have its own thread. I think it might be in the diamond pendant thread in the SMTR side. Your soon to be necklace sound like mines, it''s attached to the chain on a four prong basket. Oooh, you''re gonna love it! Are you going with a cable chain? I always wanted a sparklier chain, like a fine faceted bead chain but I was told they are not very durable. How much longer is the wait?
36.gif
I''ve always been a somewhat impatient person, can''t you tell?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
15" is a bit of a short chain IMO especially if you aren't tiny...I can't wear a 16" without it bothering me and I am 5'8" with a normal sized neck (I guess?)...

My pendant has a jump ring at 16" but the length I wear it at is 18" and it's PERFECT. I have posted pictures of it previously. I never even wear it at the 16" jump ring!

I would definitely make sure you know you want a 15" as I find that way too short and irritating me for me, it ends up being a little longer than a choker and kind of laying right at the end of my neck hollow.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, how exciting! You move quick, I always hem and haw over these kinds of decisions...I never would''ve thought of getting a K for a pendant, so I''m interested to see your pictures! When do you expect it?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
My neck is just under13 inches so I thought 15 would be long enough. I have a 30 inch chain that is pretty thick (4mm) that I wear doubled with a locket on at least three times a week which is comfy. But I tend to like things a bit higher on my neck. I dont really care for jump rings, mostly becuase they tickle.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Here is the Whiteflash photo of the stone. K/VS1 .738

whiteflashcloseupofkvsi738.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Idealscope Image of the same stone:

idealscopeimageforkvsi738.JPG

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh Mat, it looks fantastic!!! you must be sooo excited... can''t wait to see it on your neck
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am excited! Miss Harris said they ought to finish it either late this week or early next week. Which means I proably wont have it for two weeks. They ship FedEx and FE insists on trying three times before they let you pick it up from their station.
20.gif
My building is secure, they cannot deliver packages to it, they are not allowed to try so they stick those notes on our entrance. Half the time I dont even get the sticky...thank heavens for tracking numbers.
Still two weeks is not forever. I just want to have it for the Auburn game...we are going to stomp them!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks terrific, am so excited for you. It will be here before you know it.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 1:17:02 PM
I am excited! Miss Harris said they ought to finish it either late this week or early next week. Which means I proably wont have it for two weeks. They ship FedEx and FE insists on trying three times before they let you pick it up from their station.
20.gif
My building is secure, they cannot deliver packages to it, they are not allowed to try so they stick those notes on our entrance. Half the time I dont even get the sticky...thank heavens for tracking numbers.
Still two weeks is not forever. I just want to have it for the Auburn game...we are going to stomp them!
If you have the FedEx tracking number you can call and have them hold it at the local warehouse for you to pickup.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
/images/site/d_lost.jpg
Sarin Info!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
/images/site/d_lost.jpg Little shot of my stone with the ACA picture. Does anyone own an ACA K?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
no- but that''s what my BF is hoping to get for his wedding ring. so- let us know how it looks when you get it! i am sure it''s fab!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 2:35:39 PM

Little shot of my stone with the ACA picture. Does anyone own an ACA K?
Hey Matatora - It looks like the photographer put this ES image into an ACA template by mistake. Brian did not have that one branded (though it's a wonderful near-ACA). I'll post the photo in its correct template once they finish with it.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am excited for you! It is nice to save one''s pennies and then have something to look forward to. I was always thinking if I got a diamond pendant for my mom I would look for something with similar specs you have chose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results