shape
carat
color
clarity

i want diamond studs need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
hi,

i want to invest in a good pair of diamond studs. i want 1.50cttw (.75 each). can someone please tell me how much tiffany's would charge? its always been a tradition when we celebrate something special we go to tiffany. how much can i expect to pay for this?

i really like the asscher cut, but i don't believe tiffanys sells asschers/royal asschers. also, would asscher cut diamonds be okay as studs? i heard no, however, but since jewelers make them, i would say yes because i have seen people wear them

what high end place would sell asschers?

thanks for your help!

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for your help, but i am unfortuantely one of those people that don't like to buy expensive jewelry like diamonds online....i hope you understand, y'all
emsmile.gif
i was hoping to go to the tiffanys store, but i'm not sure how much it will cost. but, i'm willing to make the investment. any ideas?

any other stores (not online) that would be a good place to get royal asscher studs? would it be worth to spend $$$ on royal asscher studs? i have heard conflicting things.

thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated.

so yeah, i am either looking for rounds from tiffanys or royal asscher somewhere else i guess.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
hmmmm thanks i''ve never seen that before. would you say 6000 is good for a 1.5 from an upscale store like tiffanys?

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
really? it said that 1.48 was a total of 5800 for tiffanys. so i am guessing its both ears unless i''m wrong.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Studs are a completely different price range.

.73 Tiffany Ring for $7250 Retail

Imagine this stone x 2 (for each ear)

The earrings you are referring to are 1.48 total carat weight, made up of a bunch of little tiny diamonds. Large diamonds are a complete other story.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Jennifer Garner got a real deal then! Where'd you hear this info?

With your math, a Tiffany 2.9 ct diamond would only be $12,000. The bigger the stone, the bigger it's value.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
some magazines and E! news, but i'm sure she paid full price.

i donno, i pressed purchase and it didn't double the cost, so i'm still assuming that its for both ears.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 3:24:56 AM
Author: atlchick0
really? oh no. but wouldn't the ring be more expensive because there is more metal? i know i heard jennifer garner got 1.25cttw from harry winston, and they were 5000-6000.

anyone own tiffany studs?

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item.aspx?c_id=WEB1&c_it=37K7&start_id=16&CategoryId=501&category=Diamonds&

of you multiply the carat weight by five and the price times 5 you'd get 1.45 for 6200. so i'm assuming its both ears they are taking about for 6200.
The problem here is that you're assuming diamond prices go up linearly when you increase carat size, and that's just not true. A one carat diamond online will probably on average cost say around $5000 depending on clarity, color and cut of course. A one carat diamond at Tiffany will probably cost around $8-9000 because they do have quite a markup on their diamonds. So, a .75 carat diamond at Tiffany will probably cost around $5000 for each because of their markup, so you can expect to pay around $10,000 or so for 1.5 carat earrings. I could be a little off on these estimates, but my guess is if anything, I'm on the low side.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
actually, i think its for both diamonds, because when you check out, they charge you like 1250 for both together. ummm lemme ask cause i know someone that works for tiffanys.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
well, i guess its because i don''t like putting my credit card information online (i''ve had fraud issues and stolen information in the past) and personally, charging that some of money online makes me uneasy. also, i kind of want to actually try before i buy, and i feel i wouldn''t be able to do that online. also, if something happens to them or they fall a part or something, where would i go? i''ve heard of faulty diamonds being bought online and people not getting their money back. i''m sure pricescope from everything i''ve heard and read on this forum is honest and of great quality, but i''m still uneasy about buying diamonds online......

i hope you understand
33.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Altchick, the numbers you are citing for Winston''s and Tiffanies doesn''t sound right for the carat weights you are speaking of (too low). If you are able I would just go to those stores and check it out in person. Also, Tiffanies has a website where you can check out prices there as well.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
yeah i did check tiffanys and it said 1225 for 2 studs TOGETHER. i''m a little confused now because i''m reading conflicting info on the tiffanys site and on this board from some members. i''ll definately check it out because it would be interesting to find out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welp my hubby went into tiff like 4 years ago and priced out a 1ctw pair of earrings (.50c in each ear) and it was $5k i think. he ended up paying $2500 instead from a local jeweler for 1ctw.

so i would estimate a 1.5ctw meaning .75c in each ear would be at least something like $9-10k by now esp with the time passed (stuff has gone UP in the last few years)

take what you'd pay in a regular jewelry store and multiply it by 40%. that's the tiffany markup.

for $9-10k you could get probably at least 1c in each ear if not larger, elsewhere. esp online at a reputable jeweler....like where all us PS'ers get our stuff! i have bought my last 3 diamonds online and i haven't been happier, our first purchase was offline at a local jeweler and we weren't as happy with the results as we are now.

i seriously doubt HW is selling jennifer garner earrings for $5k.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
mara, that is very interesting. maybe i will look into a local jeweler, however, do you think i would still be able to get an ideal cut, good clarity, and color and bigger carat weight for a lower price?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara''s right the mark up is about 40%. So my best guess these earrings would be about 15K for 1.50 TCW. I''d much rather buy online. Your credit card info is safe with any of the PS vendors. Their stones will be just as nice or nicer than Tiff''s. Trust me I know.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
well 5 times .22 is 1.10cts, so if you multiply the price times the 5x, its like 4000 or something

jimhwu

Rough_Rock
Read coda72''s post above... It would be nice if diamond prices are directly proportional to carat size though... I can see everyone upgrading to a 20 ct stone by now...

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 2:11:15 PM
well 5 times .22 is 1.10cts, so if you multiply the price times the 5x, its like 4000 or something

If you got earrings that were five .11 ct diamonds on each ear, then your math would work. But a 1 carat stone is a lot more than 2 half carats, a half carat is a lot more than 2 1/4 carats, etc....because larger diamonds are more rare, you can''t just multiply the carat weight to get the price of a larger stone. Sorry!
5.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Are you talking about these? Because they are not single stone studs (which would be way more expensive!), but they are $5,900.

14548408_xl.jpeg

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
that sucks!!!! so then why do they charge you 870 when you check out for BOTH .11 stones????

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Here, these are way less than Tiffany''s is likely to be. And I assure you that they are completely trustworthy and secure. Now all you need to do is ask them to put them in studs for a little more...

dhog

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 2:11:15 PM

Tiffany diamond studs, for pierced ears. Round brilliant diamonds, carat total weight .94, color grade D, clarity grade VVS1. Set in platinum. This item comes with a Tiffany Diamond Certificate.
$12,600

straight from the web

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results