shape
carat
color
clarity

i want diamond studs need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
dhog and squarecut, thank you for bringing that to my attention! i guess i was completely off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just assumed that price would be proportional to carat weight! hmmm...i don't think i want the tiffanys anymore.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
let''s stop feeding the troll

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Online or off, you will end up choosing from the same supply - a shop may have to show you exactly what you want, if not have you wanit untill the right stones are pulled down from the proverbial list. Same quality criteria apply - and you surely have every opportunity to see what rices are for similar goods everywhere.

If in the end something online inns, you don''t have to pay by CC after all.

Of the sellers talked about eher, a couple have shops in NYC: Good Old Gold, Diamonds by Lauren, Engagement Rings Direct, Signed Pieces... and there may be others, dunno. You can always inspect their stock and prices online and take the trip to see the goods in person.

Stud earrings are a fairly simple affair - the settings are supposed to be as discrete as possible (so not much to worry about). You might want to see what the fuss about idea cut diamonds is about, and for that Tiffany is not a good place because they don''t make a big deal about it - different branding road.

My 2c

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
would it matter a great bit of the studs had 2 different colors and clarities? would you notice a difference? for example, lets say one stud was G VS, and the other was H VVS2?

diamondgirlNY

Rough_Rock
hi.

No, visually I doubt a lay-person would be able to tell the difference between a GiA G and a GIA H near colorless stone, as well as no difference to the unaided eye for clarity as well, but most jewellers would not match a G with and H .... especially if they have papers to go with the stone....papers meaning GIA Reports... Fancy shaped diamonds need to be seen to really determine whether or not they are "matched" because there are so many variables that contribute to the light return of a diamond...and the way the stone is cut proportionally, it will give off different light "values".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results