shape
carat
color
clarity

I think this might be it!

dneal12

Rough_Rock
I found a diamond and I wanted to get some Pricescopers opinions on it before I finally pull the trigger. Here are the specs:

Carat: 0.83 (6.12mm)
Color: I
Clarity: SI1 ("100% eye-clean" with clarity characteristics of "crystal, feather")
Cut: Excellent (HCA: 1.2)
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Depth: 59.6%
Table: 59%
Crown: 33.5
Pavilion: 40.8

The vendor is not able to get IS or ASET images from the supplier (who is in India) so I won't be able to get those until after I pay. Maybe someone could run it through diamcalc for me? I do have an image of the actual diamond.

gia-certified-0_83-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-diamond-gze98n.jpg

What is everyone's opinion of this stone? Would you look for better already on the market? Would you wait for something better to come on the market? I can afford to wait for up to another month but I feel like this one might be it, what do you think?

dneal12

Rough_Rock
It does look pretty close to 60/60. Is that good or bad? And 60/60 just means that it has a 60% depth and 60% table right, there is nothing else to it? The vendor that the supplier's notes said that the cut was "EX+", whatever that means.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice looking 60/60. Will favor white light return over colored, which is fine. I like a good 60/60. Nice bang for buck with the lower price per carat and nice spread. As long as the angles are good (and this one has good angles) you are fine. 8)

dneal12

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, I can't get an IS since the vendor said the supplier is in India and doesn't provide IS or ASET imaging. That's why I was hoping maybe someone who has diamcalc could plug it in for me (for an imperfect estimate). Thank you for the link! (And it has some good diamcalc images at the end of the article as well) Everything being said here has been encouraging for this diamond so far. (White light favored of colored light is good and is what I want, right?)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fine, an Ideal Scope isn't going to tell you much more than the picture.

dneal12

Rough_Rock
I think going to buy it unless someone can give me a good reason not to by the morning! :)

dneal12

Rough_Rock
It comes in at $2730 which I believe is a good value for this stone? It even comes in $20 under my budget!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results