shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I want to use White Flash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

Alright, I think my boyfriend is sick of me at this point. I have tried on many rings and the only one I liked was the Ritani Endless Love with the round halo. So that was that, and it was settled. He knew my ring size and it came with the center stone, no worries. Well, we went to Tiffany&Co the other day and I got to try on my dream ring, which was the Legacy. It had been so long since I tried on the Ritani that we couldn't figure out which one looked better. Ultimately we decided that we prefer the round shape. Then I stumbled across the pics below and realize it was nearly exactly like the Legacy but round! Not to mention the diamonds don't go all the way around the band, so my obsession about having to resize later in life would no longer be a problem. The setting is cheap as heck at this company's website, however I don't trust the quality of their craftmanship. This is where White Flash comes in, you guys have raved so much about them that I have full confidence that they would be able to pull it off. I would also feel better purchasing the stone from them as well and letting them set it. But then I wondered, have they ever done this setting before? Can they? I wanted to request a price quote but didn't see a way to provide a link to the picture. I know they have their own bezel halo, but this one is more detailed. So questions:

How long does a price quote last? I don't want to ask for one too soon if it will run out before we're ready to purchase.
Do you think it's possible to pull this setting off in platinum for $2k or less? They have a similar setting on the site in platinum that is about $1,900.
Do you guys think they will be capable of this design? I would like it to be slightly more delicate than the one below, more like the Legacy actually. I don't want to insult their capabilities but if anyone has a ring with lots of details feel free to post pics/links.

I just want to get as many details as possible so I can make a final decision and turn it over to my very sweet and patient boyfriend.
16.gif

Ring1kb.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
number 2

Ring2kb.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
number 3

Ring3kb.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Moon that''s really pretty. Very Legacy-esque. I have never had anything made by WF but there is a thread on their custom work... I"ll see if I can find it...

a

angeline

Ideal_Rock
p.s. where did you find that setting? I''d love to take a look... I really like it a lot!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
have you seen whiteflash''s own version of this ring? in platinum it is right at 2k :)

bezel halo

the side view is different....but if you had to pick (i''m guessing custom is going to be more than 2k since that is the price of a similar ring they already have stocked) it''s not a bad alternative.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 5:43:52 PM
Author: angeline
Here it is:

Show me your custom WF pieces
Okay, I am only a couple pages in and I see there is no reason to doubt their ability to create this ring in the way I want. Thanks so much for the link!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 5:45:39 PM
p.s. where did you find that setting? I''d love to take a look... I really like it a lot!
Sure, http://www.adiamor.com/R-1089-R2801-1.htm. I looked them up here and wasn''t happy with the comments. I want to wear this ring for the rest of my life so I want to be sure of the quality. But props to them for the design.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 5:48:02 PM
Author: mimzy
have you seen whiteflash's own version of this ring? in platinum it is right at 2k :)

bezel halo

the side view is different....but if you had to pick (i'm guessing custom is going to be more than 2k since that is the price of a similar ring they already have stocked) it's not a bad alternative.
Yes I've seen that one. I looked at it many times and I just don't like how bulky it looks. Also I like the side view of the one I posted along with the surprise diamond. Everytime I tried to make myself want the WF bezel halo I reverted back to wanting the Ritani. I love the detail in the side view of the one I posted. Also I don't like the thick rim of the WF version, and I want the diamond set low so it can be a nearly even top like in the one I posted. Do you really think it's going to be that much more expensive?!?!
8.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I have to mention Leon Mege at this point. Have you seen his work? Leon Mege

I think you''ll like it! Not cheap, but amazing pave work.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, please don''t direct me to more expensive pretty things! My bf will die! Haha. I''m trying very hard to keep this ring under $6k because I know that we can get the Ritani for that much and I actually got him to agree to it.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 6:10:00 PM
Author: MoonWater
Oh no, please don''t direct me to more expensive pretty things! My bf will die! Haha. I''m trying very hard to keep this ring under $6k because I know that we can get the Ritani for that much and I actually got him to agree to it.

27.gif
9.gif
27.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s the WF pics:

curiopotter_08012.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
They did a great job with her ring and it''s much closer to what I was looking for. I still want to get rid of the bulky head though and add the extra diamonds!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just to give you other options. Mark at ERD has done similar legacy inspired pieces and they are lovely. And Vatche (a designer line) actually has thier Princess Grace setting which is Legacy inspired... it''s a lovely setting IMO. And there''s no need to go custom. Vatche makes every ring to order for the individual''s stone. Just giving you this information in case you want to shop around a bit.

Vatche%20Princess%20Grace1.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Moon, I was browsing and saw this thread! I think it looks awesome! maybe another avenue to investigate...

GOG H&A Legacy

Here''s a teaser pic...

Finished_Side_View_1_copy.jpg

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
I was quoted about 2K for this ring (inspired by Ritani) in plat last fall by WF. It would be a full custom piece as my diamond is a marquis and not a pear. I believe they said that the quote is only good for 24 or 48 hrs b/c of fluctuations in the price of materials.

Also, I would not go by the pics on WF''s site. I am not overly fond of them. I find that the actual pics in the thread listed above a so much more sleek than the images on the website

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.JPG

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
My quote for WG was $1,925, and platinum was $2,425. I asked for a thin band, and the thinnest they could do was a 2.3mm for my ''legacy'' inspired shank, i.e. the bead set diamonds in the milgrained channel. The halo is also 2.3 mm. The appx. amount was .50ctw of diamonds in the shank and halo. The diamonds were .015.

They did a FABULOUS job, I can''t reiterate it enough. I was blown away by the milgrain work, and how delicate and precise it was.

The ring itself is sooo delicate looking, much more delicate than the photos allow. I wish I could photograph it better.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, that''s very lovely! I didn''t realize there were so many Legacy inspired rings out there!

angeline, that ring seems perfect. The quality of the detail looks much better than the one I posted!

ponderer, very lovely ring. Are your hand shots around here some place?

curiopotter, thanks so much for dropping into this thread. I wanted to send you a message directly to ask questions but realize there is no PM capabilities on the board. Looks like platinum would be pricer than I thought.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Just remember that if you want to keep the head from being as bulky, have them beadset the diamonds without a channel. Mine are beadset in a channel so they can be protected. My ring itself looks more bulky in photos than it actually is.. It reflects a lot of light so it gets captured on camera. it's so delicate and the diamonds are so teeny tiny that I really can't imagine them going any smaller without having to use an electron microscope!

Try to keep your center stone smaller than a 1ct.. a .75 - 1.0 set with prongs instead of a bezel would help it look more delicate, because ultimately that's what creates the larger halo. Mine is a 1.092ct center, on a size 7 ring.

ETA: I'm assuming if you want the setting to be 2k that you want to keep the diamond under 4k for your budget?

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-395216.htmCheck these out: http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-283293.htm#
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-232002.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-232043.htm

There aparently seem to be more in the ACA's than in the ES.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Hey curiopotter, when I say bulky, I mean the thick piece of metal that is right around the halo, below the diamonds. I want the head to look exactly like the one I posted which is more like the Legacy. angeline also posted a great example of what I'm talking about. The WF version, as well as yours, has the thick metal rim that I am trying to avoid. I can't crop pictures at the moment to give you a proper comparison, but do you understand what I'm talking about?

Also, I can't stand the prong setting on a halo so I will definitely be getting bezel. I like how smooth it looks across the top and I actually think it looks more delicate that way. And yes, I'm trying to keep the diamond under $4k, actually under $3k if possible. I don't think that should be too hard, I want one between .70 to .80 because anything larger looks enormous on my hand with the halo. I tried on a 1ct Ritani endless love and thought it looked ridiculous on me. Overall, I want the ring to be $6k or less simply because I know I can get the Ritani for that price with the diamond size I want.

Thanks a lot for your help and the links, a H&A would be nice!

I dont know anything about the site you posted earlier, and I dont have time to check them out now, but do you have a reason to distrust them?

Maybe do some reserach and see if they can produce good quality merchandice. Then buy it from them and send it to WF to set your diamonds, once you buy a diamond from them anyway.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 11:30:34 AM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards
I dont know anything about the site you posted earlier, and I dont have time to check them out now, but do you have a reason to distrust them?

Maybe do some reserach and see if they can produce good quality merchandice. Then buy it from them and send it to WF to set your diamonds, once you buy a diamond from them anyway.
Well after doing a search on pricescope, at least one person had to return their setting and said the quality was lacking. I'd rather not have to go through that. And honestly, the design is what I love, but the pictures make the ring look cheap. I much prefer what I'm seeing from WF, and now that angeline has posted, from GOG as well. I wish there was a real life pic of the ring by the company, maybe it would be better??

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 11:33:58 AM

Well after doing a search on pricescope, at least one person had to return their setting and said the quality was lacking. I''d rather not have to go through that. And honestly, the design is what I love, but the pictures make the ring look cheap. I much prefer what I''m seeing from WF, and now that angeline has posted, from GOG as well. I wish there was a real life pic of the ring by the company, maybe it would be better??

Moon I am loving that one from GOG. Makes me want to reset my stone! LOL!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 11:48:09 AM

Date: 8/29/2007 11:33:58 AM

Well after doing a search on pricescope, at least one person had to return their setting and said the quality was lacking. I''d rather not have to go through that. And honestly, the design is what I love, but the pictures make the ring look cheap. I much prefer what I''m seeing from WF, and now that angeline has posted, from GOG as well. I wish there was a real life pic of the ring by the company, maybe it would be better??

Moon I am loving that one from GOG. Makes me want to reset my stone! LOL!
I know!! I just adore the Legacy factor. I really want the original pic I posted though becaues now I''m starting to like that the surprise diamond is bigger. Isn''t it ridiculous? I think I should save up money and just offer it to my bf before going overboard with my request. Soon, I''ll just give up and say, hey, lets get an $11k Legacy (which will get you about .8ct center stone). *sigh*

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Whiteflash is already on the ball. I was getting anxious (I have slight OCD), and just needed to get a real idea for price and if they thought it was doable. I submitted my request about a half hour ago, and my phone rang a few mins later. I wasn''t able to answer it and suddenly I get an email. It was WF!! They had already checked out the thread and everything.

I worked in customer service for years (as did my bf) so we are NUTS about getting good customer service. So far WF is winning my vote of confidence. Besides, everyone always posts such great pictures of their final products. I''m hoping I won''t have to alter the design too much and that it''s within our budget. *bites nails*

I doubt you will get it too close to your budget, considering that it has more diamonds right? which have to be set and requires design time, plus they have to add in the surprise diamond which will probably require more time. I hope they can do it close enough in price, but if not I think you should at least take the time to contact that other vendor about the setting. One lower quality ring doesnt mean a whole lot, I am sure there has been somebody who was unhapyp with WF product as well somewhere in history. I would piock WF to, but if they cant do it in your price range, def contact those other people and give them a chance. I am giong to go find out more about there store now though:)

and for the record, the pictures at the top of this page DO NOT look like a cheap ring.

and I also had to return a diamond once, through Blue Nile, which was a very seamless and painless process. They also offer a 30 day returns, so its very possible that the risk of a return process is a very small risk to take. Though of course nobody wants to have to do that, and you need to insure the company is trustworthy first.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 1:32:39 AM
I doubt you will get it too close to your budget, considering that it has more diamonds right? which have to be set and requires design time, plus they have to add in the surprise diamond which will probably require more time. I hope they can do it close enough in price, but if not I think you should at least take the time to contact that other vendor about the setting. One lower quality ring doesnt mean a whole lot, I am sure there has been somebody who was unhapyp with WF product as well somewhere in history. I would piock WF to, but if they cant do it in your price range, def contact those other people and give them a chance. I am giong to go find out more about there store now though:)

and for the record, the pictures at the top of this page DO NOT look like a cheap ring.

and I also had to return a diamond once, through Blue Nile, which was a very seamless and painless process. They also offer a 30 day returns, so its very possible that the risk of a return process is a very small risk to take. Though of course nobody wants to have to do that, and you need to insure the company is trustworthy first.

Good morning WHfSR! (I need coffee!!!)

The ring actually has less diamonds than the version that WF does as they only go halfway down each side of the band. But since it''s custom that may not make a difference
7.gif
. Also, I went back and read the pricescope comments and there were a couple returns to that site. I did find one happy person, however. Also I saw a post saying that they were somehow related to the home shopping network, eek! Okay, I have no reason to be biased toward that station, besides being annoyed with how they sell items. Don''t know anything about the quality.

If you could find out more I would greatly appreciate it. I would LOVE to buy it from them and be satisfied because it''s beyond cheap on their site. But I''ve always been one to ask, "why is it so cheap? what''s wrong with it?" And thanks for telling me it doesn''t look cheap. I''m no expert, I suppose I was just comparing it to the pave I see at Tiffany, WF, and Ritani, but perhaps its simply a style thing, not quality thing. I need to look into their return policy.

Thanks so much for all of your comments!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results