shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I''m ready???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
2 things:

Okay, so I''ve tried to go to the Diamond District for 3 weeks in a row now, and somehow, each trip has been thwarted. This time, there was a freakin protest and all the jewerly marts there thought it was too dangerous to keep their stores open with 10 thousand people roaming about. I think I was just not meant to go in there...

Anyway, so I''m trying to really decide btwn two diamonds, both from WF...

one is a Round Ideal Cut 0.837, I , VVS1 > $3445
and the other is an ACA .807, G, SI1 > $3510

Both are perfectly within my price range, pre-setting...

From most people''s opinions, they like the ACA more...and I just wanted to make sure that an SI1 is good clarity. I have seen a few loose stones and for a guy like me, it''s still really hard to tell the difference. But i know most people have a better eye than I do, esp my gf, so I need to get your guys'' opinion.

2nd thing,
So once I AM ready to order from WF, should I call and talk to a person live and ask for the independent verification? Or is that something they do automatically. I heard they can actually pull these stones and look at both of them and tell me which they think would be better also... I just don''t wanna look like an idiot when I contact them...

ALL HELP is GREATLY APPRECIATED...

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I''d go for the ACA personally. VVS clarity seems like overkill on a RB. Was there anything in the VS range to look at?
Yes, call whiteflash and talk with someone about the couple of stones you are thinking about and ask them their opinions. From what everyone has said they are very honest so I wouldn''t be afraid to call and ask about the SI1 stone being eye clean.
Good luck!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Give WF a call and arrange to have them give the SI1 a once over.
One of the requirments for the ACA brand is that it be eyeclean so I dont think its an issue.
If Brian is available he can tell you more about the diamond than pretty much anyone else in the world can.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi..I bought my stone from them a few months back. Call them and tell then which one you like. Ask them to pull it for you and get their expert opinion on the SI1. I got an SI2 and you cannot see anything.

GL and congrats!
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E - SI1 ?
5.gif

The G has a tiny cluster of crystals under the table. This E, even less as much as the clarity plots show. Both 6mm. Both WF.

Anyway, it sounds like you are looking for some safe bets.

What will the setting be?
1.gif

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info and the stone suggestion. I noticed the small cluster under the table too, but I think I like the H&A G over the E, what do you guys think?

I keep getting scared to commit to a stone for fear of finding a nicer one, he he he.

My gf is very simple, so I''m figuring to set the stone in a 6-prong classic Tiffany setting, hopefully in Platinum. I haven''t seen all that many simple solitaire settings, but I know she likes the Tiffany. I kinda liked the knife-edge ones, but she prefers the band to be smooth. Her hands are tiny, which is why I decided to go with a smaller stone(but I don''t think ~.80 is that small anyway), so the band would have to be about 2mm thick... But I''ll worry about the setting once I get the stone!

32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results