shape
carat
color
clarity

i think i found my cushion but polish & symmetry only Good/Good - should i worry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

azbuyer

Shiny_Rock
a few threads seem to think symmetry and polish are very important.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cushions are tricky...if you''ve seen it and love it a G/G polish and symmetery would be fine in my book.

azbuyer

Shiny_Rock
cushions are tricky! not many that have everything.

this one has a great shape and a lot of life. 59.4% depth made me worry but it still sparkles in the middle.

57% table not too shabby. the good/good made me nervous as maybe i am missing something.

my jeweler likes it but he may be partial since its his stone and not one he''s just brokering for someone else.

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
when we were looking at cushions we noticed that the better the diamond was cut the more it sparkled...also a well cut cushion can appear to be whiter than it really is. We have a cushion that is an F in color but our jeweler told us that because the diamond is cut so well (EX, EX) it looks more like a d-e....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2008 8:53:33 PM
Author: mrssalvo
cushions are tricky...if you''ve seen it and love it a G/G polish and symmetery would be fine in my book.
Ditto - good and above for polish and symmetry is said to look the same to the naked untrained eye, it wouldn''t worry me either, look at the diamond as a whole to decide if it is beautiful to you or not - well cut cushions in the size you are considering are hard to find anyway.

MomHelpingSon

Rough_Rock
You don''t sounds thrilled about the stone. I am guessing you are a "mind clean" person. Keep looking, you''ll know when you find the one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results