shape
carat
color
clarity

I received the most wonderful thing in the mail today.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

M155_L337

Rough_Rock
As some of you may know: I am in absolute LOVE with Gebruder Schaffrath's Liberate collection.

Specifically:

Well, after finding the website (thanks you most of you) I signed up for their mailing list...thinking I would just receive random e-mails. NOOO!!! Instead, much to my surprise, in the mail I received a deck of poker cards each card a different, beautifully crafted, piece - each suit a different collection. Oh it's so wonderful!!

After reading and looking through the wonderful (genius marketing) packets I have decided that I HAVE TO HAVE this ring, or something similar. However, the physics of this ring (called the wiggle ring) makes me too weary. Instead, I'm planning on...if my morals allow me...to do something of a knock of. Something similar, but not exactly...out of respect for the Schaffrath family of course and because they live in Germany and the possibility of working with them is close to impossible.

My question is: What are your thoughts on redesign. Do you think it’s wrong for me to "reconstruct" or change this ring? Is it wrong to do a "knock off?" If not, what would you do to change the ring?

Thanks, and sorry for being such a newb!
~Kris~

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's unique.
That is different enough that I would feel really bad if I knocked it off.
common designs I have no problem with but someone put a lot of time and energy into that one.
It should be rewarded not stolen.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it safe for the diamond to be set like that? In theory it is a cool ring but I would be very, very afraid of chipping my diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that design is unique in and of itself, but it would not show off an excellent diamond to it''s fullest. Something like that with a partial bezel might work. But I can''t imagine putting a piece of metal across the table of the diamond.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sooooo love that ring. What is the website, I did a search but none of them will come up?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t realize those diamonds were *loose* in there to jiggle around and do their thang - that is pretty cool! but I think I''d want it more for a pendant than for a ring because of the knocking it thing. After my stone I''m convinced more now than ever that diamonds can be appreicated from every angle and leaving the *entire* side open like that is in many ways fantastic, but totally against that whole round face up thing the entire industry is geared for.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really cool ring! I think diamonds should be appreciated in many different ways. I see nothing wrong with the metal over the table if you love the look of it.

I would be tempted to go with the origional designer of this ring because they will know how to make it the most secure and how to best represent it. I''m afraid that if you try to knock it off... it could look really bad, or wiggle a little too much, since other designers don''t have experience with this type of setting. Go with someone really good and pay for the extra quality if you do decide to knock it off. Mark Morrel comes to my mind as someone who might be able to pull it off, but I think he is backed up.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I would be concerned that the action of the diamond might wear away the metal, and/or then a reasonably strong blow to the metal bridge could bend it enough to release the stone...not a setting for the faint of heart...
23.gif
...or the uninsured!
32.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
That is an interesting ring! I checked out the website and I agree with the other ladies, I know i''d murder that ring by knocking it into stuff but I love the pendant on the site! It has the same unique look but it would take a lot less abuse!

As for making a knock off, it''s good they are coming to the US because you might not be able to. I saw they had drawings on their site of the technique used to set the ring. They might of patent that or something and I don''t think someone else could design a ring using it. Just a thought.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results