Shape: Round
Carat: 0.9
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None

Its Certificate by GIA. I think it´s a very good diamond but I am worried because the GIA certificate shows:

Clarity Characteristics: Feather, Knot , Crystal

I dont know how the Knot inclusion is going to affect the quality of the diamond. If the diamond has a clarity of VS2 that means that the Knot inclusion will not be seen with the naked eye by a person?

Thank you very much!

Richard

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any pictures?

rbottger

Rough_Rock
No, I only have the GIA report: 2161520696

What do you tjink?

thanks.

Richard

rbottger

Rough_Rock
My vendor don´t have the diamond. If I agree to buy de diamond he will bring it from another city.

Thats my doubt beacause I dont want to miss this opportunity on a good diamond but on the other hand it has a Knot.

Should I buy it? The diamond is VS2 so the Knot should be very small ( Eye Clean ) and should not affect the diamong on the time.

smelvinwrong

Rough_Rock
In order for him to bring it from the other city, do you have to commit to buy or anything? Why not have him bring it in?

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
rbottger|1414712134|3775205 said:
Thats my doubt beacause I dont want to miss this opportunity on a good diamond but on the other hand it has a Knot.
What is it that makes you think this is a very rare opportunity? There are hundreds of diamonds available with similar specifications, ranging from $3,500-$10,000 in price.

What is your budget?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rbottger|1414712134|3775205 said:
My vendor don´t have the diamond. If I agree to buy de diamond he will bring it from another city.

Should I buy it? The diamond is VS2 so the Knot should be very small ( Eye Clean ) and should not affect the diamong on the time.
How much is the stone?

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
rbottger|1414708949|3775184 said:
No, I only have the GIA report: 2161520696

What do you tjink?

Well, I went ahead and checked for you, and it turns out this diamond scores 2.9 on the HCA. Looks like its scintillation will not be very good, while the brightness and fire may be acceptable. If you have a very limited budget and this diamond is offered at a price affordable to you, it may be an OK choice. If you want more help, you will need to tell us the price of the diamond, and the range of your budget.

In case anybody else wants to offer advice to the OP, here are the proportions from the GIA report:

Depth 60.8 %
Table 59 %
Crown Angle 32.0°
Crown Height 13.0%
Pavilion Angle 41.4°
Pavilion Depth 44.0%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%
Culet None

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
In situations like this, it is helpful to look at a comparable stone.

Price-wise, compare it to this stone:

.91ct, F, VS2
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3237355.htm

If the stone you had listed is more expensive than this stone, I would suggest purchasing the stone I had linked above, instead. It already has all of the light performance data you need to make an informed decision.

Best of luck!

rbottger

Rough_Rock
The price of the diamond with the ring is $ 6000 dolars. I live in South America. I have researched a lot and diamonds with de same characteristics are more expensive than this one.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
rbottger|1414773494|3775486 said:
The price of the diamond with the ring is $ 6000 dolars. I live in South America. I have researched a lot and diamonds with de same characteristics are more expensive than this one.

I apologize for my ignorance, but do you have to pay large taxes (duties) on imported goods in South America?

If not, the stone I had posted above is under $6k and could be paired with a setting to be about $6000, out the door.

The stone from Whiteflash is superior in quality to the stone you had posted. If you want the best of the best, it would be wise to go with this option.

You would end up with a killer stone, with confirmed performance, and it would really take the guesswork out of the whole process.

Just a suggestion!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
rbottger|1414773494|3775486 said:

Here's one that is going to be better than yours, and costs only $4600 USD:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-4964097-0.90-carat-Round-diamond-F-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=4964097

Even with import tariffs up to 30%, it will cost you less than $6000.

The WF diamond posted by RockyRacoon is even nicer than the one I have suggested, but it may cost more than $6000 if you have to pay import duties.

A very quick search using the PS Diamond Search Tool brings up about 50 diamonds below $5000 that are worth your consideration (HCA Score < 2).

So in my opinion, your "opportunity" is not very unique, and not even the best possible selection for you. If you are comfortable purchasing from one of the PS-recommended internet vendors, please tell us your budget, and let us know what the import duties are for your country. With this information, someone here will be able to find you suitable options.

rbottger

Rough_Rock
Hello, Finally I bought the diamond. It´s completly eye clean and I can´t even see the knot under 10x.
Also it has a lot of brightness, fire and scintillation. I compare it with one that has a HCA<2 and this one its better.
So finally I can conclude that GIA Cut ( Excellent ) its the factor one should take in consideration.

Thank you all for your help! I am very happy with the diamond!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results