shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help finding a stone!

tdeaux

Rough_Rock
First time poster, long time lurker here.

My DH bought a beautiful setting, diamond and band from a BM store. Unfortunately, I had a horrific time with them. I sent the ring off to be soldered and it came back severely damaged. I ended up returning the set. It was unfortunate because I truly loved it and the sentimental value meant a lot to me.

Anyway, I have been on the hunt for a new setting/stone for a couple of months. I finally came across a setting that makes my heart sing. I also came across an OMC that did the same.

The seller of the setting, Jewels by Erica Grace, originally thought it could hold a 6mm stone but has since told me it holds a 7-7.5mm. The OMC I love is 6mm. Would it even be possible to set a 6mm stone into a 7mm setting?

Of the 7mm+ stones Jewels by Erica Grace has, none are in our price range. Would it be possible to find a 7mm stone for $3500 or under or should I look for a new setting?

I love OEC and OMC but am open to other options. I am ok with warmer color stones too.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Call them! Tell them what you like and what your budget is and see what they can do. I've never dealt with JbEG, but I have read lots of messages raving about them.

liz

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take a look at old world diamonds. They have a k color 1.16 that is over 7mm that is in your price range. Its a very shallow stone though.
I don't know if OWD does assets but I think they will do videos.

I cant do links on my kindle or I would give you the link.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A well cut 7-7.5mm stone is going to be about 1.3-1.6 carats, so no, I don't think you'll find a really nice diamond that size for that amount unless you go very, very low in color and clarity. I'd really recommend finding another setting after you have chosen a really great diamond!

tdeaux

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the advice everyone! I really appreciate it!

angietime

Rough_Rock
a skilled jeweler could always create a new center basket or a bezel setting by adding center metal. They can close the gap with a bezel and set your stone inside, or with a small round basket under it with four metal soddered spots along the inside under the stone, they will put new prongs attached for the center. My boss does that all the time with rubies because most are smaller than the mountings he buys and he insists on using them anyway. The jewelers know what they're doing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results