shape
carat
color
clarity

I Need 1mm Engagment Ring Settubg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lookingood35

Shiny_Rock
I love this ring. The designer is charging $125,000. The setting is what I love the most. Does anyone know of a designer that will create the 1mm micro pave engagment setting for me for less money??

best ring.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no. I''ve never heard of anyone willing to make a 1mm pave.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of anyone doing 1mm pave. I would have serious concerns of the strengh of the setting. Tigeroo7 just had a ring made by Leon Mege that looks pretty darn thin. You can check out Tiger''s thread here.

Here''s her ring
30.gif

LM-side.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure that would be sturdy enough to be worn? How would you not bend it driving or opening doors? It seems like it would be very easy to damage...Albis ring is 1.8 I think...Albi''s SMTR Thread!

lookingood35

Shiny_Rock
If I am not able to get a 1mm like the photo, what will a vendor make??
I have been told the one in the photo is a 1mm band on the engagment ring.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the Vera Wang setting was around 1.5 or 1.8mm? Either way, it is not something I would have made unless the person making it had done it a ton of times without trouble. I haven't heard of anyone willing to do pave that thin. Have you considered Ritani or Michael B? They are a tiny bit thicker but really not noticeable. I would either do that or Leon like mrssalvo suggested or just go with the Vera Wang.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2006 10:01:07 PM
Author: lookingood35
If I am not able to get a 1mm like the photo, what will a vendor make??

I have been told the one in the photo is a 1mm band on the engagment ring.

designer rings are sometimes beautiful and made to look incredible but are not always practical unfortunately. I know many vendors who do custom will not make pave bands thinner than 2mm. I think the Vera Wang setting is the thinnest I''ve heard of, even for a designer band. Ritani bands are just under 2mm as well. I believe Leon makes his rings at or just under 2mm as well. If you really want 1mm, I think your best bet is to get the real deal. Who is the designer of the ring you love?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait a minute... that ring is 100k because of the huge diamond in it, not the setting. Someone has a ring by Vera Wang on this forum with a 1 carat cushion - for the smaller diamond the setting does not have a full 'basket', which makes it even more airy. And I think that the diamond was chosen separately too.

So... if these settings are indeed available to be set with any diamond you choose, 5-ish carat square step cut diamodn could hardly get below 50k. Now, that's less money allright. Perhaps the stone set in the poster kid ring has higher grades than the conservative H-I/VS2 I had in mind.

LINK
18.gif

Now, no I don't think too many would dare make such a tiny ring and guarantee it makes it through day of wear
28.gif

I know Art of Platinum makes the 'diamond wire' thing (well, it is wire paved with diamonds, right?) the Vera Wang ring is entirely made of, because a couple of pieces on their website show it (remember a pair of earrings right now, there might be more). Whether they consider it safe for a ring, no idea. I am wondering about the VW rings too! And would take Leon's advice about this any day (i.e. Leon Mege, from Art of Platinum).

My 2c

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
The thinnest I''ve seen IRL is the Vera Wang. For something as important as an e-ring I''d go with something a little more durable than 1mm. You could then maybe get a superthing eternity w-band like the Vera Wang, or for even less something like this.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went custom and my band is 1.4 mm pave. However, it is fairly "tall" to give it some strength. I think you might have to add a little in height to make it stronger if you go below 2mm. I am also going to for sure get my ring insured just in case.

lookingood35

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I will use all of the information to attempt to have the setting made!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious - couldn''t Pala Gems source the setting for a diamond of your choice?
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results