shape
carat
color
clarity

I Just got a princess cut for my girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redmo

Rough_Rock
After a lot Of research I chose this diamond
I would appreciate any input

1.01 carat, very good cut "F" princess

5.62*5.58*3.94

table 75.4%
depth 70.6%
crown angle 38.6 degrees
pavillion dep 58.7
girdle: medium

is this good?, is it worth $6000?

*I also read on this board that for princess cut, Table should NOT exceed depth
is this true??

thank you all

redmo

Rough_Rock
anyone? My opinion is table% should be smaller than Depth5 and
both under 70%

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
There''s no single rule of thumb for princess cuts! I''m not sure on the targeted crown and pavillion angles. Maybe one of the experts can tell us.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any pictures ?
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The averaged Sarin numbers are not easy to interpret - AGS decided on a minimum of four angles to take into account for their princess cut grading... I wuldn't know how to interpret even less data.
You might want to look over the article about the new AGS grades in the PDJ ("Pricescope Diamond Journal").
As much as I know, the grades favor 60%-ish table numbers and high crowns relatively unheard off among the current stock of princess cuts.

Meaning... Ideal Scope and pictures remains useful until someone decides how to grade princess cuts. And even then, if the new breed of AGS0 princess cuts comes up at a serious premium, it may still pay to look after the brilliant specimens of traditional proportions - there might not be allot of them, but those who are out there are not marketed (or priced) for their optics. And that sounds like one nice shopping opportunity to me
34.gif
Hope your stone turns up among the lucky ones
2.gif

AGSPrincessStats.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results