shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally got it and here she is....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

V-Dude

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!

I got the ring Thursday night after work, and I was only able to take a quick picture before going to get her at the airport.

I planned on getting a couple more clear pictures tonight while she is out, and then I realized I let her borrow my camera. Ahhhh!!!

Anyway, next week I will officially ask her to be my wife and after that I will post some more clear pictures and get a hand shot to pay my dues. Haha!

The ring is better than I imagined. I went with a .4 ct, F, VS2 Pear.
I am sorry the picture is not very clear but I could not get the camera to focus when I took it, because this little thing is so sparkly. I don''t know what it is with girls and sparkles but this thing is like a little disco ball. I am 100% happy! I could not have done it without this board and God. (I used faith buying a fancy without seeing it) For me, I was ready to go into the mall 2 months ago and buy something, but I feel and know that I got 10x more. I am totally happy! I got so much more than I could have otherwise on my budget.

On a side note... If anyone followed my posts,
she can only wear plastic cheapo type jewlery in her city because of the crime. Until we are together permanently, she will only be able to look at this in her room after work. Well, when she got off the plane, she was wearing this plastic ring that was totally similiar to this, and right there, I knew this was a total go!!! There was a reason I could not get this setting out of my mind! This is so perfect!

Thanks a million for all your help!

V-Dude

P1030795sm.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Good luck on the engagement! She will love it, it''s beautiful!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a lovely ring! Congrats on your upcoming engagement V-dude!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
V-dude -- it turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! You did a wonderful job! And your instincts were right on, yay!
36.gif
I love e-rings with sapphire stones. Please let us know how she likes it and you KNOW we''ll want hand shots!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I''m sure she''ll love it and you did great! Can''t wait to see hand shots.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, V-dude, you did a great job picking this ring. It''s stunning!! I can''t wait for the hand pics.
30.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I like how you picked sapphires for this ring! It gives it an extra flair! Congrats!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
V-dude, it''s beautiful, she;s going to love it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s just lovely! You did good!!! Best of luck with the proposal!
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo pretty! She''s going to love it!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a lovely ring! Diamonds look better with sapphires than they do with any other colored stones.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You did good V-dude! That is a beautiful ring that is going to knock her socks off!!!

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
Well done V-dude, I think you got a winner! Are those side diamonds pears as well? It''s kind of hard to tell from your pic, you''ll have to post more before the PS girls get on your case about it ;-) Oh and by the way, CONGRATS!!!

V-Dude

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for all of the compliments!!!
All of you are the first to see it. I haven''t even shown my family or friends yet. She will receive it before all of them see it.
I think she is going to love it too, but all this support sure is nice!

V-Dude

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks just GORGEOUS and she is going to LOVE it!!!!! Great job!
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Excellent!!! Keep us posted.
36.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! She''ll love it. Congrats.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a very beautiful ring. she is going to love it! well done!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, My!!! It''s just beautiful!!!
30.gif

I bet she''ll be thrilled beyond thrilled!

Well done!
36.gif

widget

V-Dude

Rough_Rock
Here is another one...

I got a quickee photo tonight, but I won''t be able to get some good pictures until I give it to her. I am being sneaky at this moment.

You can see now that the side stones are round. I did not give too many details because I am really happy with this!!! If anyone wants the specs in more detail, I will post them after. Right now, I just want to continue to enjoy it and for her to enjoy it too.

I''d like to give something back, so to help with the bow tie questions in other posts (I read about this and looked at pictures before buying)... I can say that I went with a more shallow pear and as it turns out, there is virtually no bow tie.

I don''t know if this is normal, but I love it... It takes on a whole new life under different lighting. In my circle this will really stand out. In her circle... haha This is the cream of the crop! I feel really good!

I know she loves blue, so I went with the sapphires. I am happy I did it. I am also happy that I went with a setting with side stones instead of a solitare. I wanted bang for the buck and I almost went with a solitare, but finally decided to balance it out. Especially after I saw this setting.

I was going to leave it untouched until I gave it to her, but tonight I could not resist... I put it on and wore it around the apartment and I just love this little thing. (Don''t tell my friends! haha)

Ok, I am excited and rambling so I will stop for now.

You guys/girls are awesome!

V-Dude

P1030816sm.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty! I love it!
30.gif
Good luck, and come back to tell us about the proposal!

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Love the ring...especially the lovely blue accents......very pretty color of sapphires.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ll never tell!
2.gif

You know, we always worry around here when a guy picks out a total surprise ring, but yours turned out SO well!

V-Dude

Rough_Rock
You can''t hear my sincereity, but thank you very much!

I put my heart and soul into this.

Humbly,

V-Dude

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!!

Congratulations and I am sure she will love it because above all, it is from your heart!!
36.gif
36.gif

I completely love the sapphires in the setting too, perfect!

What size is the center and approx. size of sides?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2006 10:50:27 PM
Author: V-Dude
You can't hear my sincereity, but thank you very much!

I put my heart and soul into this.

Humbly,

V-Dude
We can certainly tell that you did! Please come back and let us know when you propose and when you are able to have her come here permanently. I hope your marriage is richly blessed!

(So she is here now visiting? Are you giving her the ring during this visit? How complicated will it be to get her in the US to live?) Edited to add: I see you have special birthday plans...just checked the earlier thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results