shape
carat
color
clarity

I assume Sarin rules over AGS or GIA.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
I have a GIA cert which differs from the Sarin and I am now looking at a stone to buy which is AGS which differs from Sarin.

The stone with the AGS numbers ranks 1.2 on HCA.

The Sarin numbers make that stone a 1.6 on HCA.

A couple of tiny fractions and the HCA changes.

I assume Sarin is correct?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A Sarin or Ogi has machine error inherent in the way it is engineered. AGS and GIA reports use the Sarin measurements from these devices in their labs and you must have a Sarin report from someone else's machine. THe calibration of any machine, including those from major labs might be incorrect, or the difference may just be machine error. It could be a combination of the two, as well.

In other words, there is no sure way to know what set of measurements, if any, are completely correct. It is far more likely that all of them are about right and none completely correct. I say, take the average and see if you are pleased with the HCA prediction...

If you would like totally accurate measurements, we can offer you a very comprehensive set of highly accurate and repeatable measurements with the Imagem, Inc unit which has yet to come on line in a commercial way, but is in the final stages of its commercial testing.
See
www.imageminc.com

Although far more accurate, I can't say that it will make a terrific visual difference or that I can prove to you that machine error is not appreciable in this newer technology.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/19/2004 6:55:45 PM oldminer wrote:

If you would like totally accurate measurements, we can offer you a very comprehensive set of highly accurate and repeatable measurements with the Imagem, Inc unit which has yet to come on line in a commercial way, but is in the final stages of its commercial testing.
----------------

Have you stopped using your Sarin and OGI yet? If so, at that point I would say it has passed final testing
1.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
"The stone with the AGS numbers ranks 1.2 on HCA.
The Sarin numbers make that stone a 1.6 on HCA."

Just for grins, there is no way you, me or anybody else can tell the difference in a 1.2 and a 1.6 HCA. They both are great!

Which one is correct? I always go with the AGS certificate. You can take the same diamond and get a report from three different Sarin machines and you will have three different sets of numbers. It is a moot point.

Not too long ago we did these numbers by hand and it took us 20 times as long. We used a micrometer, a table guage and a microscope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results