shape
carat
color
clarity

I am so disappointed...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Well I have been very involved with the picking out of my dream diamond. I was very picky in that I did not want a round diamond so my boyfriend told me to research and pick out the diamond I would want. So I did tons of research and that is how I found the wonderful pricescope site. I ended up finding the most perfect diamond and had my boyfriend purchase it. After we received the diamond and had it appraised I decided that this was in fact the diamond for me.

Now come sthe sad part. Well my boyfriend knows how important it is to me that the whole proposal thing is super romantic/surprise. Since I picked the diamond out he decided that he would surprise me by picking out the setting (of course going off of the pictures I constantly emailed him). So two weeks ago I was offically banned from asking or talking about the ring. I did know that the setting he was ordering would take four weeks so I have been under the impression that I would not be getting engaged till mid Dec. (which I was kinda bummed about because I really wanted to be engaged by Thanksgiving since we would be with all of our family). But I was okay with it and had tried to forget about when it would be coming. During this whole process of finding a setting my boyfriend has been the one to deal with the company, paid for it, and even talked with them on the phone.

Then yeseterday I got an email from the company that he was buying the ring from and they told me that the diamond was on its way here and could be picked up on Wednesday. Then just now I (my personal phone number not my boyfriends phone) got a call from Fed ex saying that the package has arrived and my boyfriend cn come pick it up.
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
I just don''t know what the company was thinking. My boyfriend had talked with them numerous times and expressed how important it was that I did not know anything about the ring he was choosing.
15.gif

Now maybe it doesn''t seem like that big of a deal that I know when its coming but it really did make me sad because I thought the ring was coming in Dec. My boyfriend is also extremely upset because he knew that it would be coming soon and it was supposed to be a surprise that is why he said it was coming in Dec. to throw me off. I am just so sad because I really wanted it to be this great surprise.

I am sorry this is such a long post, I just needed to vent my feelings and didn''t know where else to turn. I feel bad expressing to my boyfriend how upset I am because it just makes him more upset. Thanks for listening. Justine

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Justine, I'm sorry that FedEx screwed up the surprise element. Might I suggest that your boyfriend hang on to the ring for now, and suprise you with it at some point in the not-too-distant future? You haven't actually seen the ring, have you?

Try to look at it as a comedy of errors, instead of an outright tragedy...make it into something y'all can have a chuckle reminiscing about in the future.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Justine.....I am so sorry to hear this. That's horrible when you have your heart set on something and it was achievable if people took the extra attention to detail.

That said, it might comfort you to remember that what's important and ROMANTIC and touching is the time he put into this to please you. Don't let an unfortunate occurrence ruin something that is otherwise a happy occasion. There are tons of people out there still trying to connect with someone and their lives.....you've already found someone to do that with. I wish I could say this is the last disappointment you'll have to face, but life is full of them, and all you can focus on is how to minimize the effect on you.

Also, the fact that the ring is ready and he has it......that doesn't mean he has to propose now. You knew this was coming sometime in the next four weeks, right? So, if he just doesn't give it to you right away, you know you'll still probably get it sometime over the next four weeks.....right? I guess what I'm trying to say to you......nothing has changed...not really. Yeah, you know he has the ring, but you knew at some point that he would any way. He can just wait until the day that he feels you'd least expect it.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
You know, Canadiangrrl is absolutely right about this.

Let me tell you a little story about my Nephew's recent wedding in Hawaii. All the plans were going great, and flowing smoothly (and kind of blah). Then, two days before the wedding, we picked up the cake disaster heehee. It was BAD!! Everyone was in a tizzy, and between myself, my sister and her husband, we stripped the garishly (bright pink and green - supposed to be plain white) decorated slightly tipped (think tower of Pisa) cake down to the bone. Then we made new frosting, started decorating the cake in like 100 degree weather (the air conditioning had broken in the kitchen), ran out & bought a bunch of white orchids & roses, and 6 hours later, ended up with a prize winning cake. I tell you, from a disaster, this cake ended up being the talk of the wedding and a truely fun memory for all. There are lots of ways to make up for this disappointment, so cheer up and tell him to come up with another surprise proposal plan.
10.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Give yourself 5 minutes to cry....and then get over it! Bottom line is that you have a wonderful man who went the extra mile to do his best by you. You aren't going to always be able to anticipate all the surprises that life will throw your way.

Congrats and I hope you get the ring really soon!
1.gif
That's the fun part! Can't wait to see pictures
1.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Trust me, in ten years you will be telling people this story and laughing about it. It's not the precise planning that makes great wedding memories, it's the quirky, unexpected events that really make it special, and really make it yours.

I've been there.
2.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about this. You know, when the time comes that he does propose, there's no way the moment will be any less special becaue you knew about it. I know becaue I was present when my stone was set in the morning, present when my fiance put it in his pocket & wouldnt let me see it, present all through dinner & frolicking in the hot tub & finally he couldnt take it anymore & proposed that same night despite his macho bravado that he'll "give me the ring when I'm good & ready too". LOL Goof! He wrote such a lovely speech & I cried like a baby (& so did he but he'll deny it
9.gif
).

Canadiangrrl is right, you'll look back at this one day & laugh about it.
1.gif

Judy
:)

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
How lucky you are to have a future husband who cares so much about you to have you involved in the choosing of the ring and still try to make it a suprise proposal. And how lucky you both are to have each other. If this is the worst thing that happens in your life together, you are going to have a really good life!

Give him a big kiss and a hug and be patient. You still don't know when it's going to be yours. Judging by some of the men who have purchased on the net, he may not want to give that beauty up anytime soon! But when he does, please post the story and pictures!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 11/25/2003 7:27:49 PM ccuheartnurse wrote:

& frolicking in the hot tub

----------------

Judy!! Oh my!

naughty.gif

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Justine....Have you seen the ring yet?
Enjoy the anticipation of the surprise. He hasn't disclosed to you when (or how) he is going to propose so let him enjoy the moment that he has been working so hard to plan.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about this Justine... Here's something that drives us nuts! Without fail every year about this time some guy will try to buy something really special for his wife, he'll telephone his credit card company in advance to make sure that their fraud department is aware that he is going to be making a high dollar purchase from our company and then he will arrive home and be greeted by his lovely wife and the question "well, what did you get me?" because some idiot at the credit card company's approval department didn't read the note and called his house to verify the charge! Sometimes no amount of planning can prevent a surprise from being ruined, but careful planning and lots of notes in colored pen can often work wonders!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL Mara! We had the best room. He had gotten the jacuzzi suite on the top floor of the Radisson Niagra. The tub was right beside the window facing the falls. It was a gorgeous view.
9.gif
I think we turned into prunes cause it was so nice being in there we didnt want to come out. haha
I actually wasnt thinking of the ring at all.
lickout.gif
naughty.gif
love.gif
saint.gif

Judy

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Judy..Oh my you made me LAUGH...

Women always seem to know how to break a man down..Lol...Frolicking in the hot-tub is a great start...
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Judy...
naughty.gif

Justine, what a bummer! I am very sorry to hear about this messy situation. But I hope that when you see the ring you will forget that stupid fedex man.
1.gif

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your replies. I knew that by posting on here I would feel so much better from all the wonderful support.

You each are so right, I have not seen the ring and I do not know when he will be proposing. I know that when he does it will be very special. I know that moment will be "the moment".

I thank you all so much for helping me feel better. I am now very excited and can not wait to get the ring on my finger!!
1.gif

Justine

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Justine, I'm glad we were able to lift your spirits & give you some laughter. LOL

Judy

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, forgot to add, frolicking in the hot tub is great for ALL occasions.
appl.gif

Judy
hahaha

69gm

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/26/2003 12:55:34 AM canadiangrrl wrote:

Judy, you little minx.
11.gif
----------------

i like this comment! it's great!

justine,

from one local to another, just remember you will have a wonderful with a great man. and who can complain about being engaged here in hawaii? i popped the question at the kahala mandarin under the waterfalls, next to the dolphins. only in hawaii, baby!
9.gif

bummer about the actual circumstances, but i agree with everyone else that this will be something to remember and laugh about.

take care and alohaz,

george (69gm)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results