shape
carat
color
clarity

hung up on proportions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

patalk

Rough_Rock
how hung up should I be about the proportions of my diamond with a depth of 57.7 and table 60%; this is not ideal so should I send it back and insist on one that is?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. I'm not going to tel you automatically yes. that doesn't consider if you paid a good price for what you bought, if you actually like what yuo bought, and will you be able to find what you're looking for at a price you can afford. I mean, it's not going to perform like an ideal cut stone...but you need to ask if this stone meets your own requirements for a stone..I bet your stone looks really big I bet?? That's something else to consider!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/28/2004 4:05:45 PM patalk wrote:

how hung up should I be about the proportions of my diamond with a depth of 57.7 and table 60%; this is not ideal so should I send it back and insist on one that is?----------------

patalk
your stone looks like its too thin at 57.7%,best for you to do is take it to a jewelry store that sells ideal cuts and compare it,see if you can tell the difference.

patalk

Rough_Rock
The stone seems pretty brilliant and does defract light but the fire is my favorite part too and I am not sure that it has enough for me. Probably a good idea to take it to a jeweler to compare it to an ideal. Got it for a pretty good price and it does look big for the weight. This is consuming me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/29/2004 10:56:57 PM patalk wrote:

The stone seems pretty brilliant and does defract light but the fire is my favorite part too and I am not sure that it has enough for me. Probably a good idea to take it to a jeweler to compare it to an ideal. Got it for a pretty good price and it does look big for the weight. This is consuming me.----------------

patalk
keep in mind,probably the reason you got a pretty good price is the cut is nowhere near ideal.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unless we all buy Ideal Cut, D / FL diamonds, we make compromises. The most knowledgeable make intelligent compormises and the least knowledgeable make the worst compromises. I doubt you are in either situation.

A diamond that looks nice and is well priced has a its place in the market. Although we grade many fine stones, there are far more "average" stones sold daily than fine ones.

If you find it does not compare well with a better cut you might wish to make a different sort of compromise. You might find that you feel it looks quite nice and that it works for you.

We don't want to steer you into a poor choice for you, but only to open your eyes to what is possible to select from. It is a very large menu and most of the choices are unfamiliar to people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results