carat
color
clarity

How to get MORE finger coverage?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I am driving myself crazy!
37.gif
I have long thin fingers and have a 3 stone ring that doesn''t give me the finger coverage that I want! What would you do? I have contemplated halo''s, but that really "isn''t me".....short of getting LARGER stones, what else can I do????? H E L P ! ! !

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezel? Milgrain can help mitigate the stark contrast between stone and metal and lends the illusion of a larger stone..
Stone set e-w?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2010 8:38:36 PM
Author: yssie
Bezel? Milgrain can help mitigate the stark contrast between stone and metal and lends the illusion of a larger stone..
Stone set e-w?
Yssie...I love bezels...and milgrain. Don''t think the EW would work for my long fingers......but I do love the look!

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
I''ve always found the vintage illusion settings to be quite attractive. You could have one custom made. They involve a setting where the base extends slightly beyond the edges of the stone. Unlike a halo, they''re not flashy. Unlike a bezel, they''re not obvious.

illusion_settttt.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2010 12:21:45 AM
Author: joxxxelyn

I''ve always found the vintage illusion settings to be quite attractive. You could have one custom made. They involve a setting where the base extends slightly beyond the edges of the stone. Unlike a halo, they''re not flashy. Unlike a bezel, they''re not obvious.
Ditto to what joxxelyn is suggesting. I''m attaching a pic of my own diamond, set on an 18ct white gold illusion setting.

star7649.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you can see i have long fingers too, but on the illusion setting my .90 ct RB diamond looks pretty substantial, regardless of my long fingers.

star0954.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I saw the most beautiful ring in the queue at my local coffee shop this morning. It was worn by a lady with long, slender fingers and it was knock out bling with a lot of finger coverage. We got talking and she told me it was 0.60 carats. It was a E-W marquise in a hand made bezel, set a little higher than usual for a bezel. It was just knock out and I loved it. Amazing look for a stone under 1ct.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results