shape
carat
color
clarity

How to chose diamond from Blue Nile?

Ryangreene555

Rough_Rock
Well I am looking to get an engagement ring for my gf soon. I think I will buy from blue Nile. I can read all the specs etc but it's always hard to see how it will look in person or under loop until you get it.

I'm looking for 1.25-1.4 or so round. Maybe SI1 H or better color with excellent or ideal cut.

Sometimes even if specs are good it will look milky of cloudy. Of course I do not want this.

I'm looking for an eye clean Gia rated stone from them. I know they usually don't have the stones to look at so hard for them to help. I emailed them a while back asking and they would put in a request and come back saying eye clean or not but that was about it.

I guess you just get one and look it over and then send back if not happy?

I'm looking to spend under 10K I know on the stone. 7K range would really be best.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You aren't getting a diamond over 1.25 carats. Probably close to 1.2 carats. Run through the HCA and any score under 2 is pass over is fail since you can't get an idealscope. https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

Stick to Signature Ideal stones on blue nile. All Blue Nile Signature are guaranteed eyeclean and not hazy.

This might be the best one for you:
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD04313199

I would put that one on hold ASAP before someone steals if from you. Because I didn't find another with a passing HCA score on the list.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ryan

Try this - 1.38ct, H SI1, lovely stats, $8653 wired price:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD04676641?track=Detlink6

I had this one marked for myself for a project but am unlikely to proceed with it any time soon - so have at it.

I've bought many stones from BN and have never had a problem. I've sent 2 back - one because it just didn't perform as i had hoped and the other because it was WHITER than the H grade i was looking for - though had been graded an H. (Looked more like a G.) For myself and others, I've bought dozens of stones from BN and I`ve had no problems ever, and have, as i mentioned, only ever returned 2.

I've bought from all the major vendors here on PS and my BN stones are definitely competitive - provided I buy stones with comparable stats. I've had a number of Signature cut stones, and you can definitely find stones of as nice a cut without the signature label. Yes, they're a drop shipper - ie the non Signature cuts aren't inspected by BN before they're shipped to you, but for the money saved, I've been willing to take a gamble on the certificates given by BN (ie the GIA or AGS certificates) and have been very pleasantly surprised and not as thin in the pocket because of it!

I'd suggest you give them a try - and my experience with them is broad.

Good luck!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ryangreene555

Rough_Rock
Thanks to both of you! I would have to inquire with BN to see if the 2nd one is eye clean or not. Both seem good on the HCA test. The signature ideal seems to be a really nice stone from the reports! If the larger is also eye clean and seems to perform really well as well that may be an option too.

Now how expert do you have to be to really see the difference in person without the tests or a loupe etc? Especially when not comparing them side by side?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not affiliated, but if you do go with BN, make sure you go through ebates.com. You'll get 2.5% cash back.

Ryangreene555

Rough_Rock
Will a 1.35-1.35 or so ct round diamond look like a fairly large diamond in a solitaire setting? Nervous it will look too small but I know she doesn't want any halo stuff or those kind of ones as she thinks they look gaudy.

Ryangreene555

Rough_Rock
Yes I will definitely call or email before ordering one online! I emailed them about a couple so far. Should hear back tomorrow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results